Break action ML opinions

WNYBuckHunter

Ok, so now that I am set that I will be using a ML for all of gun and ML season from here on out, I am going to purchase a nice break action, as my TC Black Diamond is not exactly what I want. Its a nice gun, but if I will be using only a ML, I want something a little easier to clean and maintain. I wanted to get your opinions on what guns to look at. Here are my must haves...

-Stainless

-Sealed breach

-50 cal

-Weight will be a big consideration

The rest, like what type of stock, barrel fluting, etc wont be as important. I will buy the gun without a scope unless I get some super deal, and will be adding Leupold twist on bases and a Vortex scope of my choosing.

Lets hear your opinions, all will be appreciated....

I personally know absolutely nothing about ML's, however on sunday I hunted with someone who was using the TC Pro Hunter. He showed me some "speed breach" feature thing it has, etc. He has it paired with a leupold scope. Pretty cool looking gun. He said its very easy to use, and that he could even buy different barrels to make it a shotgun or rifle, etc?

Thats the one I am eyeballing. I already have an Encore (not the pro hunter) thats currently setup as a pistol, and I love it. I want something stainless or else I would just get the barrel and stock for my Encore. Just want to get a an idea of what else is out there before I drop 5 or 6 hundred on the Pro Hunter.

Oh suck it up and drop the cash on the pro hunter...lol. I have the encore and got it just before the speed breech came out. I think the featue is nice but not a big deal if you don't have it. OK so it takes me a minute to take mine out of the gun to clean it vs 10 seconds.

I personally like a heavier gun. If I was taking it up in the Rockies I would have to get something different but carrying mine all day with the heavy laminated wood thumbhole stock is not a problem for my NY hunting. And the heavy weight is pleasure to shoot. The nice thing about the Encore is that fact you can do anything with it. rifle/shotgun/pistol. I think CVA had one that you could get barrels for but I don't think there was the aftermarket support that the Encore has.

I like the Stainless.and LOVE the trigger on mine. I have been toying with the idea of sending my encore back to get the swing hammer installed. I shoot a scope and I had to use an aftermarket hammer extension to get a solid gloved hand hook up in the hammer. The area between the bottom of the scope and topp of hammer is tight in the straight alignment

You were gonna spend that on the Browning anyway. The Charles Daily will do what ever you need a shotgun for. just pull the trigger, so to speak.

Don't just limmit your self to the pro hunter.

New England fire arms makes break actions ML

TC has the omega , impact , triumph

CVA has the wolf, optima and accura. I am not a CVA fan but they are affordable and shoot very well.

Tradtions has several in the break action line up including the ultra light vortek.

If you want a really light ML google the TC X7.

Steve

Edited by sbuff

I will agree that there are a pile of break actions out there. Ad most are much less money than the Encore. If you just want a ML you may want to consider the others. My father and Cousin have a Tradition and they are shooting sons of guns. But if you want versitility and a "platform" for other uses I think the encore is the ay to go.

Don't just limmit your self to the pro hunter.

New England fire arms makes break actions ML

TC has the omega , impact , triumph

CVA has the wolf, optima and accura. I am not a CVA fan but they are affordable and shoot very well.

Tradtions has several in the break action line up including the ultra light vortek.

If you want a really light ML google the TC X7.

Steve

Thanks.

The only TC besides the Pro Hunter I may consider is the Triumph. The Omega is not a break action and the Impact does not come in stainless.

I am going to look at the Traditions guns.

CVA, I just keep hearing mixed reviews of, but the Accura is on my list of guns to look at.

I wont buy an NEF.

The more I look at it, the more I think I may even get rid of my current Encore, ML and Shotgun and go with the stainless Pro Hunter, then get the pistol barrel and grip/forend in 260 Rem. That way I would consolidate everything I need for deer into 1 package, all stainless. Downside to it would be only having 1 gun lol.

I dont think the pro hunter comes in true stainless now . It's all weather shield but maybe I am wrong.

The drop breach omega is as easy to clean as any break open.

My 200 dollar nef can shoot as good if not better then any top dollar pro hunter.

For the money you can get a really nice ML under 400 bucks , also one that is easy to clean either drop breach or break open. Your TC black Diamond is known to be one of if not the dirtiest ML to clean.Thats not saying it can't shoot as they are accurate guns.

Steve

Edited by sbuff

Ok, so now that I am set that I will be using a ML for all of gun and ML season from here on out, I am going to purchase a nice break action, as my TC Black Diamond is not exactly what I want. Its a nice gun, but if I will be using only a ML, I want something a little easier to clean and maintain. I wanted to get your opinions on what guns to look at. Here are my must haves...

-Stainless

-Sealed breach

-50 cal

-Weight will be a big consideration

The rest, like what type of stock, barrel fluting, etc wont be as important. I will buy the gun without a scope unless I get some super deal, and will be adding Leupold twist on bases and a Vortex scope of my choosing.

Lets hear your opinions, all will be appreciated....

I hate to say it lol but I told ya so. I have en ecnore not pro hunter, and it has a 45 caliber bergara barrel that shoots very sweet. I would recommend the encore to anyone.

I have a NEF 50 cal Huntsman . No stainless . It serves the purpose when I have something to shoot at . It cost me a whopping $135 about 7 years ago . I am also partial to the New england firearms .

I picked up a Traditions Renegade with a fluted barrel for my son . It's a beautiful in-line but I can't get it to shoot consistant !

I absolutely love my Triumph but thats just because I couldnt aford an Encore or a Pro hunter at the time. All three are solid american made guns and will do the job. Like the feature of being able to buy barrels for anything with the encore and prohunter though.

Edited by erussell