So did Santa give ......

growalot

For the first time since we've been together, my fiancé didn't get me one single hunting related gift. All I had asked for were trail cams, but when I opened the box I figured had one or two init, there was an iPad2 in there! I was shocked and can't say that I mind there were no hunting gadgets this year.

I also got a Sabres jersey, some led flashlights some new golf shirts and one of those wireless weather stations.

My wife and I no longer give xmas to each other. So we still go big time for the kids and grand kids. My wife spent about 4 days cooking to get it all together. We have then in xmas eve and had a great time. We ask them all also not to give any items to us, just there love etc. On xmas day we traveled to MB SC, and got here onthe 12/26. The weather was great clear roads all the way, MB was sunny sky and 56 degrees, the hot tub ands heated pool were great, then Dinner at Ryan's. In the night we met several our friends. Now for 2012, if one of you all wan to stake out a good buck for me to get a shot at, please send photo's during the year to me. At 70 years young, each day in the woods is a plus.

Got a Leupold VX-I scope that I wanted to replace another scope that was damaged in transit when we moved.

Got a nice Cabela's travel bag that will carry scent-free soaps/sprays and the usualy toiletries - that will be nice when I hunt Ohio and a couple pieces where I stay overnight away from the house.

Also got one of the backyard bow hangers that go into the ground and are designed for practice...hold two bows and a slot for arrows - no more setting the bow on the ground, etc.

Also got some Harvester Scorpion Funnel Points...after buying them in a little shop in Ohio this bow season, I fell in love with them out of my CVA Wolf. Can't find them locally to save your life.

I was hoping for another trail cam as well (a cheapo one for high-risk areas), but I can't complain.

like a few of you others, me and the misses, we go very light if anything ont he gifts for each other. but this year seemed to be different. we did the usual go to my parents house so the step kids can open thier gifts from them, since they go to theirs fathers house on xmas day. after they were all and said and done and we were about to leave, my mother looked at me and said, oh yeah, btw, their is a gift form you on the spare bed. get it now so you take it with you today instead of saturday. i did the um....sure ok thing and walked in to the room which hada brand new hard rifle case on the bed. i thought oh, cool dad just gave me that .308 so now i have a new case for it. then i picked it up andit was heavy. apparently, the .308 i got back in august or september wasnt enought for my father. opened the case to find a Savage 110 in 30/06 with a redfield 3-9 on it. this guy is unreal. love my father to death and am thankful for every day we get both in and out of the woods.

then the wife decides to put a big box in front of me only to open it and find a brand new toshiba sattelite laptop. she thought my other one was to old for me to use for school and need something ffaster and better. i told her i didnt want this, it was to much, completely un-nescesssary and should go back to where ever it came from. needless to say that since i am on it right now, i lost that battle. she says she is proud of me for going back to school and doing so well my first semester after 20 yrs that i deserve it. just like ALWAYS, she wins.

over all though, great year, just happy to be with the ones that i love and care for. hoping the new year is jsut a s great for me ,us and everyone here

I'm like Sweet Old Bill. Me & my wife get all we want all year long so we buy a thing or two to open and tell the kids to save their money. So I got her her favorite perfume and some As Seen On TV goofs. She got me the some shirts for work. Friends gave me slipperrs, which I really needed. So did my daughter. Double-up. Got O'Rielly's book on Lincoln which I wanted, Sis in Law got me the same, double up redux. Lord of the Rings Pez dispenser collectors set, that's cool odd but cool. Bass Pro gift card, yahoo to that. Its all about the kids. 3 y/o Grand Daughter got Tickle Me Elmo, she ain't too thrilled, scared sh*t of him. I put it on and she yelled Papa Watch Out!!! Snooping around I saw a model ship kit, the Golden Hind. Damn it wasn't fopr me...that I wanted bad after I saw it.