Henry single shot?

25 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Cant speak to the single shots, but my henry lever 30-30 is very accurate with all ammo and has a decent trigger.  Plus the wood is top notch.  I think it was a steal for the $700 or so I paid for it.

I have a golden boy in 22lr and I love everything about it including the trigger.  Just wasn't sure if it is close to the lever actions in the feel.   

I had the single shot in .308, one of the guns recalled. It was beautiful, with the nicest wood of any gun I ever owned, but I cant figure out why all Henry rifles wood..despite being so nicely figured, are so poorly matched to the metal...

That said, I had it for about a year. The trigger was absolutely the worst I ever had on any firearm, very heavy with a horrible step right before let off. Misfires averaged about 40 percent. After spending a tremendous amount of time on the internet researching the problem, it boiled down to a poor trigger/sear/spring design. No, i didnt send it back because the overwhelming feedback was that they returned no better than they were. I traded it for a gun I didnt have to worry about. Since then, Henry has had the recall on the firearm for exactly these issues, I havent heard anything as to if the problem is fixed. I was very disappointed, and soured on Henrys from that. I was really looking forward to that rifle. If....the problem is resolved, I may revisit getting another. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I know there is a recall on them for safteys or something like that right now but does anyone have one?  Dont plan on buying one until the spring.

Looking at the .308 or 30-30.  

How does it shoot?

Trigger?

Thanks.

I have a 30.30 , was sent back and they did trigger job on ot as well at no expense as compensation for the recall,. Its 1.5lbs pull now was a bit heavy before , ive taken a buck with it as has my nephew and a doe by my youngest nephew this youth hunt the last was at 95 yards.. I really like the gun works well and carried very well in the field. A hammer extension is needed with scope. Id reccomend it to anyone, and customer service was top notch. 

My youngest nephew will be using this gun for Saturday opening day and for the season.

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 4