Texas Hunting

aoudadhunter

None of these are pen raised these sheep have been wild since the 1950'sthe whole 5000 acre ranch is low fences. The pen around the feeder is to keep hogs out. And we don't hunt anything near a feeder it's spot and stalk through the mountains only. Aoudad sheep are the most challenging animal to hunt in Texas by far. Don't let the pics fool you this is a free flowing protien feeder there is quite a few on the ranch to feed deer and sheep to keep them in. This is definantly not pen raised anything these sheep are 100percent free and the most challenging game I've ever hunted in North America.

None of these are pen raised these sheep have been wild since the 1950'sthe whole 5000 acre ranch is low fences. The pen around the feeder is to keep hogs out. And we don't hunt anything near a feeder it's spot and stalk through the mountains only. Aoudad sheep are the most challenging animal to hunt in Texas by far. Don't let the pics fool you this is a free flowing protien feeder there is quite a few on the ranch to feed deer and sheep to keep them in. This is definantly not pen raised anything these sheep are 100percent free and the most challenging game I've ever hunted in North America.

Yes it is I was behind the camera sorry the editing was a quick job. We feed protien to supplement the deer and the sheep no hunting is done over feeders(rare in Texas). Since Aoudad are very nomadic and protien feed is the only thing they will touch, we feed year round not only for growth and nutrition but also to convince the sheep they have no reason to leave the ranch. Being nomadic when the find a place with the right terrain, foodplots, protien and water they have no reason to keep moving

Someday I'd really like to hunt an aoudad sheep but probably won't be for a few years. I didn't watch your video yet but I've seen others and read about the hunts. Demanding and beautiful country!

Cool animals that can take a hit. Someday...........................................

• 4 months later...

Excerpt from your ad on "Guides and Outfitters" forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall 2012 Whitetail/Exotic Hunt Super Package!!

*3 days Guided Whitetail Hunting

*4 nights Lodging in one of our 6 very nice Lodges( Most of which are newely remolded with Directv and all the Luxurys of home)

*10,000 HF acres in South Texas to Hunt!!!

*This Beautiful working cattle ranch is complete with over a thousand acres of hay fields(oat in the winter) lots of water, 50 corn feeders, 35 Blinds and list goes on and on!!!

* All Blinds are Custom-made Very modern and comfortable 4x8 elevated shooting houses.

* High-Rack trucks and Rangers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So is it "the whole 5000 acre ranch is low fences" as stated on this forum, or "10,000 HF acres" from the Guides and Outfitters forum?