Used Car Sales

Moho81

Is buying the lease out of the question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. A little small for her liking and it’s missing a few features that she would now like to have. We kinda had to settle on what she’s driving now because we where going to go way over on mileage of the previous lease and just needed to get it turned in before we started paying extra. I still don’t know if we handled that the right way but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it just depends on dealer and circumstances.

In sept traded in a car for a small van for work. Knocked about 15% off asking, which was blue book. And more then expected for car.

Now this was a $16k vehicle not 30 or 40 either and I wrote a check for the whole thing too.

But was looking at something else around $27k and we were talking about 15% off when kicking numbers there too, and that was already under typical blue book/ internet search price. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Truck sales were higher then last year , Ford basically sold out of trucks once they went to retool for the 21s

Def lots of sales but with all those sales lots are empty and production was stalled cause of covid shutdowns .   Deals we're good early that's why I bought one. Lol.  You did too right? I'm thinking your one of the new truck guys this year . 

Used cars where at a premium for two reasons.
First, consumer confidence was way down earlier, that translated to increased demand for less expensive vehicles. Secondly with new production stalled because of shut downs new inventory was at an all time low, needless to say that shifted demand to pre owned.
To a lesser extent we also seen increased inventory of used vehicles flooding metro markets. People that never had intentions of buying a car where now shut out from public transportation....found themselves turning their train and bus cards into car payments.

Personally I think its terrible time to buy any vehicle, new or used. I would wait for dust to settle.

35 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Used cars where at a premium for two reasons.
First, consumer confidence was way down earlier, that translated to increased demand for less expensive vehicles. Secondly with new production stalled because of shut downs new inventory was at an all time low, needless to say that shifted demand to pre owned.
To a lesser extent we also seen increased inventory of used vehicles flooding metro markets. People that never had intentions of buying a car where now shut out from public transportation....found themselves turning their train and bus cards into car payments.

Personally I think its terrible time to buy any vehicle, new or used. I would wait for dust to settle.

The auto industry was deemed essential in early May ,production was halted for maybe 4 weeks. Even power sports dealerships have been doing great numbers . You would think with all the doom and gloom the news is spouting that things would be much worse .

The auto industry was deemed essential in early May ,production was halted for maybe 4 weeks. Even power sports dealerships have been doing great numbers . You would think with all the doom and gloom the news is spouting that things would be much worse .

I agree, I haven't seen anything slow down at all. When the dealers started dropping orders because they didnt want to float note for new cars that may not sell because of the situation, it didnt matter that plants were able to stay open. There wasn't the orders there anyway. Couple that with supply line problems or rather anticipated problems that never materialized and you had perfect storm for moving used cars that were already on lots.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I where talking last night and it reminded me to up date this thread. That 3rd vehicle we test drove and liked that was just a bit out of our price range, the one that they couldn't move an inch off the asking price well the very next day of us looking at it the salesmen emailed my wife to say they knocked the price down $1,300. 

A little to late we already had another vehicle lined up to test drive and she was looking into a nice no money down low payment lease of a vehicle she really liked. In the end we went with the lease which was not my first choice but hell I just spent the last 11 weekends in the woods so I don't have much room for argument's LOL. 

Point of the story is if the dealership would have knocked $1,300 off the asking price the night we where there we would have bought it right away. Instead they waited over night and lost a sale in the process. 

12 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

My wife and I where talking last night and it reminded me to up date this thread. That 3rd vehicle we test drove and liked that was just a bit out of our price range, the one that they couldn't move an inch off the asking price well the very next day of us looking at it the salesmen emailed my wife to say they knocked the price down $1,300. 

A little to late we already had another vehicle lined up to test drive and she was looking into a nice no money down low payment lease of a vehicle she really liked. In the end we went with the lease which was not my first choice but hell I just spent the last 11 weekends in the woods so I don't have much room for argument's LOL. 

Point of the story is if the dealership would have knocked $1,300 off the asking price the night we where there we would have bought it right away. Instead they waited over night and lost a sale in the process. 

Never let the customer leave!

• Like 1