Blackout pics

wooly

Finally getting around to loading a few pics from my new cam.

Not very often I'm impressed with an IR cam for several of the obvious reasons but this Blackout deal seems to be on a whole different level.

Flash range is exceptional reaching right out to 50ft and beyond with all 60 LED's on. This thing is virtually unnoticeable to my eyes even knowing exactly where it is when it triggers at night. Only a VERY low glow can be detected and ONLY if you are looking for it Very closely. Daytime color is true and the quick shutter speed (1/750ss) should freeze daytime action in it's tracks. Seemed to do well on some in flight jays anyhow. Nightime is pretty typical at 1/30ss with some motion blurr on moving subjects, but nothing I would consider unacceptable for an IR cam.

Out of 246 pics last night, only 5 shots had deer looking at the cam. Maybe they were looking past it as I had it set pretty close to the road, but overall impression is that the Blackouts flash does not alert deer whatsoever. Of course I'll have to experiment with video mode to see any reactions more clearly so this is just my initial observations over approximately 1000 pics so far.

I was also impressed with the burst mode. Walking perpendicular to the cams sensor @ 15ft, quickly triggered the cam in normal detection setting and captured 3 shots of me passing by at a pretty decent clip. One entering the frame, one centered in the frame, and one leaving the frame. That's nice! Nightime burst was a little sluggish and took approximately 6 second to record 3 consecutive shots.

Anyhow, here's a few pics. Sorry no horns here and I'll have to work on some daytime pics and vid clips soon.

107_0848.jpg

PRMS0241.jpg

PRMS0262.jpg

PRMS0302.jpg

PRMS0235.jpg

PRMS0223.jpg

PRMS0160.jpg

Geez, those deer still look real healthy & fat for the middle of Feb.....

Little snow cover & a mild winter!??!

Wonder who makes those cams for Primos.

Night time photo quality is a little fuzzy, but tolerable.

Appears to be a decent trail cam!!

Be surprised if you get any antlers still on this time of year...

For once I'm really satisfied with my choice. The more I run this thing the more I like it! There's always something I don't like about a cam, but this one is deffinately different than the rest I've ever owned.

Here's a few day pics from a ridge beside the cornfield. I bumped up the contrast and sharpened #3 and #4 just to experiment a bit.

I set the cam in 15 second vid mode today so I'll post a clip soon as I check it again.

PRMS0291.jpg

A 6 legged doe,lol

PRMS0320.jpg

PRMS0356.jpg

PRMS0259.jpg

...and I thought this shot did a nice job showing the fast trigger and shutter speed. (1/1350ss for this pic) No way my Moulies would have even caught this.

PRMS0415.jpg

One more note worth mentioning:

Approximately 700 pics so far on a fresh set of Dollar Store batteries and cam is reading 85% yet