Sheilamaine

10 hours ago, Sheilamaine said:

3-D shoots are back in central NY starting in May so let’s support them. Covid took last year from us. Went to Sher’s She-shed in Madison NY! Rinehart target course! Great course! 40 target course that is always changing and growing! 

thanks - never knew that place was there.  Ive shot at Cassity Hollow a few times.  Is it open all year to the public?  Or only certain times?  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By burmjohn
      The 2017 what did you do to prepare for this hunting season?
      Did you add new stands? Practice shooting all year? Get some new land or land access?
      What are you looking forward to this year?
      What are your hunting traditions?
      Lets see some pics of whatever you did in the off season that are hunting related (Stands, fields, planting, bow/gun practice)
    • By NFA-ADK
      Anyone doing any winter 3D?  We had our first two weeks in January 18th and the 25th.  I had some issues with the weather the first two weeks and my form due to a slow down of my shooting due to bad weather.

The first week was not that bad with a bit of snow but it was hard to shoot and our scores showed it.  I find shooting in really cold weather with some wind and glare makes it hard to shoot well with my bow.  My eyes tear giving a slight blur.  (With the harsh winter most where not in good form, even I was guilty.) 

The second week was a sheet of ice and a few wiped out on the way to the course, lucky no major damage but a few sore buts and backs.  We waited until 10am to go out and it rained the entire shoot.  We were prepared for rain but the extra gear made shooting a challenge on top of the downpour we finished in.  The scores of that week where not much better.  I must have hit my clothes on my shooting arm 20 times with horrible results.

This past week was our 3rd shoot due to ice and snow.  The road was icy and the course was nice but a work out in the snow.  With little to no wind, mild temps and good cloud cover shooting was nice.  Only issue was crossing the icy road and making sure the snow did not sink as you shot.  Both easy with a little care. 

Suffolk Archers Winter League my top score so far 273 this past week.  Dam monkey at about 21 yards got me!  13!  Arg killed my score but happy with my shooting.  Hope to get the next two weeks in but this weather is not helping!  At least I was out of the house! 

So far the biggest help in winter shooting has been my larger arm guard, now I don't hit the string.  Wish I had it on during the deluge in week two! 

Anyone else shooting? 

I was thinking possibly a shoot at Thrill Of The Hunt if we get any more snow, anyone interested?

• By DeerJohn
      Would like to share my first experience with inline muzzleloading, for those who may be considering it.  After hunting for many years with my .50 Hawken, I decided I needed a scope and better bullets, so I bought a Traditions Buckstalker with scope.  Nice little rifle, light and handy,but when I tried to sight it, it grouped about 3 inches high and right, and scope adjustments would not change it.  Sent the scope back to Traditions, and after almost a month they sent a new one.  Meanwhile, Gander did loan me a scope for BP season.  Meanwhile, I tried 4 different sabot loads, and only the Powerbelt .50 would actually load without beating the ramrod with a hammer.  Even the no-name bullets that came with my rifle would not load.  Costly experiment.  Now I am trying to reach someone at Traditions, thinking my barrel may be bored wrong.  Should have kept the Hawken.

• By dbHunterNY
      Anyone attending any outdoor 3D bow shoots to get practice in for the fall?  or maybe you attend them because they're just fun?

I just attended my first one of the year on Sunday.  Definitely had to 'kick some rust off'.