My posted property that has a stream running thru it , trespassers

luberhill

7 minutes ago, left field said:

This is something very different than walking down a stream. It sounds like situation for the local police. 

Agreed. This isn't simply creek walking. They're spending time there.

• 1 year later...

Went and checked my Trail Cam's yesterday and had some nice Bucks on there , I also put up a couple more Posted signs due to seeing strangers walking through the property to the stream on my property . I found this Lounge Chair and decided to provide a Posted sign on it hoping the individual gets the point !

Trespasser.jpg

Lounge1.jpg

Lounge.jpg

On 3/28/2021 at 10:24 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

And there’s where it gets tricky. The example that I have Experience with, Honeoye creek, for a lot of the summer is dry with a small mostly shallow running creek with deeper pockets that hold fish. When it rains a lot and in the spring, it’s quite a bit deeper and in most places 30 feet or more wide. The DEC officer pointed out that the defined creek bed, even when dry, is not private property. In the pictures below you can see what I mean.

32132922-695B-4AEB-8BD6-91993888D15F.jpeg

74BAA87E-0FCD-413E-9327-7E8C5C14C54C.jpeg

The perfect definition of rock bass……almost.  

• Like 1

I see this is an older thread. Navigable waterways has been an ever evolving term and in some cases can even include a drainage ditch depending on how the courts and laws are feeling.

Keep in mind that regardless, it's considered the high water mark, not necessarily what it looks like in August. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

I see this is an older thread. Navigable waterways has been an ever evolving term and in some cases can even include a drainage ditch depending on how the courts are laws are feeling.

Keep in mind that regardless, it's considered the high water mark, not necessarily what it looks like in August. 

Currently and whenever it rains hard this is about the only Watercraft that can traverse through the stream on my property !   Just Sayin

1Boat.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

Currently and whenever it rains hard this is about the only Watercraft that can traverse through the stream on my property !   Just Sayin

1Boat.jpg

looks like a good time. There was a push recently, and honestly I forget how it went to expand the definition of navigable. It had huge implications on the clean water act mostly, but would have spread to our world of hunting and fishing. Essentially it would have included small trickles of stream like yours iirc. 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:54 AM, GreeneHunter said:

Went and checked my Trail Cam's yesterday and had some nice Bucks on there , I also put up a couple more Posted signs due to seeing strangers walking through the property to the stream on my property . I found this Lounge Chair and decided to provide a Posted sign on it hoping the individual gets the point !

Trespasser.jpg

Lounge1.jpg

Lounge.jpg

I decided to hang a Target and take a few shots , just sighting in the old gun prior to the upcoming season ! The tree happens to be inline with the above Lounge Chair !  LOL

Target.jpg

• Like 4