You don’t have to participate in temporary shortages

Nomad

Ammo, chicken , paper products, cleaning products , gasoline.  Sure for many it was mostly just an annoyance, this time . Perhaps just perhaps ,add a few shelves in your  basement , buy in bulk and on sale and rotate the things you use . If some guys in Russia can shut down nearly half of the fuel transport for the East Coast of the U.S. with just a few key strokes , what else will they shut down ? Perhaps the next pandemic is worse and it’s an immediate lock down , well at the  compound we can go for a few months ,between the deer meat, canned chicken and the food on our basement shelves. 

Oh let’s add the pool chlorine shortage , I have a good year plus here at home ,as we don’t run on the just in time method . Batteries, little green propane tanks, bee and wasp spray everything we use, we buy a good supply of , and replace as it gets used a bit .

I don’t have a barn, just suburban home with a garage with some shelves , a shed, and a few long shelves in the basement .

Once our kids went to college in Buffalo, I started filling our gas tanks when they hit 1/2 ,as I wanted to be able to go there ASAP if there were any issues , between that and a couple 5 gallon cans I’m feeling pretty comfortable to ride out a short term disruption, but being retired I don’t drive much . 

Ask yourself this prior to the last year, how often did you use or hear the words, “ supply chain ?” Now I hear it daily and it’s for disruptions and how fragile it is . Wegmans stores have three days worth of food at any one time, and at the big warehouses , it goes in one door and out the other daily .

Ya people will make fun of you , those are the ones I haven’t given any ammo or a few pool chlorine tabs to .

• Like 10

Something else to think about . Right now in the NYS Senate is a carbon tax Bill, that aside from a 55 cent additional cost to gasoline , will rise the cost of home heating fuels 26% ! Now if it passes other then drive more people out of NYS, if I recall my economics classes and I do , when the cost of one item goes up, the demand for substitute goods increases .

So people will turn to, wood and pellet stoves, space heaters and so on. I don’t know what the chances of it passing are , but if I heated  with wood or pellets , used those little green propane tanks in my blind , I’d get a head of the curve . I’d imagine just the threat of that Bill has got many on the fence of buying a wood stove , did so .

The food supply shortages we are seeing right now are very real and won’t start to get better till October. Most factories at this point have a 50% attendance rate for staff... add to that there are currently 11 loads per available CDL driver when there are normally 3 we are in for a long summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

It just goes to show show how weak minded people are and can be easily lead what to think because the news told them so. 

Yep, sure made lock downs work.  Now we pay the price for allowing it.

39 minutes ago, Chef said:

The food supply shortages we are seeing right now are very real and won’t start to get better till October. Most factories at this point have a 50% attendance rate for staff... add to that there are currently 11 loads per available CDL driver when there are normally 3 we are in for a long summer

Have you heard the reason why the factories are at half staff? Lack of supply or employees not showing up ? Our plant is down to a skeleton crew but it's because of chip shortage . 

Have you heard the reason why the factories are at half staff? Lack of supply or employees not showing up ? Our plant is down to a skeleton crew but it's because of chip shortage . 

In the case of chicken factories it’s mostly labor. It’s pretty much the fact that at $7 a hour these people make more staying on unemployment till the federal addition is taken away.

It’s a very sad situation

• Like 1

Interesting to see for all the turmoil the working class of this country has been thru in the last couple years the stock market has been booming right on thru. Used to be when Americans suffered and the economy fell the markets would crash. Seems a certain people have become quite bulletproof

3 hours ago, Chef said:

just say the truth its just biden .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1