243 Win for Deer

eagle rider

I don't

Your really a piece of work bubba. You just want to keep rolling right along with your little tantrum here. Keep it up, your looking like a stalker.........................

Funny, I see you edited your signature line. Didn't want people to get the wrong idea about you being a tough guy?

well you sure handed me my as that time lol. I edited my signature just so it would not bother you anymore. I did not want to hear you whine about it any longer.

Yea, you did it for me.

Maybe you thought it wasn't becoming of an "excellent instructor"?

Good move..........................

funny part is no one pays attention to it until guys like you keep pointing it out. Yes I changed it just for you. You pmed me whining about it. Plus just because I post something that basically says I do not take crap from anyone, has not a thing to do with me being an instructor and more so an excellent one. Posts like your last one are exactly why I have the disclaimer. Apparently you can not comprehend what it means because you again tried to use it to again tell me how I should act as an instructor. Would you feel better if I put I was a mediocre (that meas average) instructor so you could try to harass me for that instead? Good try though.

Edited by bubba

Whining about it? Here you go, here is a copy/paste of what I said in the PM incase you deleted it..........

Where does it say "kicking an ass"? Handing someone their ass is a bit different than kicking an ass. Kind of like putting them in their place?

Take it as you want. If you feel threatened, I'm sorry. I think you got a bit more shit from others on that thread than me, how'd you react to them?

Maybe you should take a look at your own signature line.................

"My father taught me not to throw the first punch. But you can bet your ass I will be throwing the last one"

You sound like a real bad ass with that posted. Is that to scare off offending posters, like me?

Happy Easter bubba.

So............after that PM you deleted it from your sig line. Best move you've made in a bit!

I have to chuckle whenever I read how ineffective the .243 is on deer or how much "room for error" a bigger caliber gives you. A .243 through the boiler room equals dead deer. If you aren't putting your bullets in the boiler room you are either shooting too much gun or taking shots beyond your talent.

Starting to look at some of the low end guns to see if I want to really go 243...

Checked out the Axis today and it looks extremely solid for the price. Also looked at the CVA Scout and that was very nice, too - barrel looks real good.

I may spring for one and shoot it to see if I want to get a high end 243. At worst I have a dedicated fox/yote killer.

"throught the boiler room"..... Thats my point... You can put a .22 "throught the boiler room" and kill any deer that lives. we all know that you don't always get that perfect "boiler room" shot.... so why not use something with a little more thump??? Just me I guess..what ever.....

post-3-131455288718_thumb.jpg

post-3-131455288708_thumb.jpg

post-3-131455288696_thumb.jpg

100gr. Sierra gameking sp.

7pnt State land. 40-50 yard blood trail.

Any questions?

Geeze, once or twice a year someone asks an honest question about the 243 and deer hunting. Couple of clowns always chme in about what they think it can't do or what they would use instead. Realy...

See you next year.

• Like 2

If you use the standard it takes 1000 energy foot pounds to kill a deer cleanly. Then using 105gr hornady 6mm bullet at 3000fps you can hold 1000efp’s out to 500yd’s. Also you have to look at bullet construction just because a bullet has a small diameter doesn’t mean it won’t penetrate well another thing to take into consideration is sectional density. The higher the sectional density for a given bullet Dia. the better it will maintain velocity and energy down range. A 243 is more than enough gun for deer. In most cases chances are if you unable kill it with a 243 you’re not going to kill it with a 06. A bad shot is a bad shot no matter what you shoot. Just as dead is dead.