THE GREAT HEALTH CARE DEBATE..

So what is the cure for Americas sick health insurance situation that no one will be able to afford and no employer will be able to provide in a few years if the price keeps going up 30% every year. who will have health insurance when it costs 40 or 60 thousand bucks a year to have family coverage?

Should we live in a country that makes you hand over everything you own and have worked for in a lifetime when you get sick or should everyone be forced into buying health insurance and taking responsibilty for that inevitable hospital stay?

I hate our lame 2 party system, Bush brought us Obama and now Obama might well bring us Romney, it keeps getting worse and worse and voting for the lesser of 2 evils just isnt working anymore folks.

The cure would be to allow American citizens to buy health insurance from anywhere they want in the country... here in NY and many other states you can only purchase the insurance that the state says you can purchase... this reduces competition and has created collusion among the insurance companies... where they inflate cost and everyone gets a piece of the huge pie they have created... similar to life insurance in NY... I can buy a million dollar term policy through the NRA for about $30 a month, but NY won't allow me too... I must by my policy from a NY company at no less than $130 a month for the same coverage... hang on.. I have to go be sick now!

So what is the cure for Americas sick health insurance situation that no one will be able to afford and no employer will be able to provide in a few years if the price keeps going up 30% every year. who will have health insurance when it costs 40 or 60 thousand bucks a year to have family coverage?

Should we live in a country that makes you hand over everything you own and have worked for in a lifetime when you get sick or should everyone be forced into buying health insurance and taking responsibilty for that inevitable hospital stay?

I hate our lame 2 party system, Bush brought us Obama and now Obama might well bring us Romney, it keeps getting worse and worse and voting for the lesser of 2 evils just isnt working anymore folks.

It will take more than just fixing health care it will take fixing government. Our government continually does things that makes the problems worse instead of better. The Government cannot fix the problem the government IS the problem. Obama care won't fix it either when the costs get too high more of you will have to die to save money.

The cure would be to allow American citizens to buy health insurance from anywhere they want in the country... here in NY and many other states you can only purchase the insurance that the state says you can purchase... this reduces competition and has created collusion among the insurance companies... where they inflate cost and everyone gets a piece of the huge pie they have created... similar to life insurance in NY... I can buy a million dollar term policy through the NRA for about $30 a month, but NY won't allow me too... I must by my policy from a NY company at no less than $130 a month for the same coverage... hang on.. I have to go be sick now!

Im not to sure about that, health ins and hospital costs are pretty much the same no matter where in the states you are. Its not like you can get family coverage in Alabama or the Carolinas for half of what it cost in NY that just aint true. thats why most southern states where peoples income is alot less they have the highest rate of uninsured and people who just get sick and die because they dont go to doctors, and im talking hard working all American middle class working people not the poo who do get it all fo free. Edited by sits in trees

It will take more than just fixing health care it will take fixing government. Our government continually does things that makes the problems worse instead of better. The Government cannot fix the problem the government IS the problem. Obama care won't fix it either when the costs get too high more of you will have to die to save money.

The health insurers and big pharma give the money to the people they want in Gov (and im talking billions right to Romney and Newt and the likes of them) and yea the teachers unions are funding Obamy's run. i think by saying that gov controls health ins and health care is like the tail waggin the mutt.

The biggest problem now is simply the number of people working for the government. They are a voting block that can start to sway elections.

[

That is very true... what is hard to take is the fact that there is very little that we have been able to do about it... unfortunately this country is adopting an entitlement mentality and is ok with government taking over... the days of independence are are becoming slowly lost... and with it our freedom as Americans.

The biggest problem now is simply the number of people working for the government. They are a voting block that can start to sway elections.

Right, you guys would never support the idea of voting blocks who can influence elections according to their own interests- unless, of course you were a proud member of that organization.

Right, you guys would never support the idea of voting blocks who can influence elections according to their own interests- unless, of course you were a proud member of that organization.

Why don't you have yourself declared a ward of the state if you are in favor of having other people make decisions for you? Your mindset offers nothing to promote or advance our nation as it was intended.

Depends on what their interests are Virgil. If they are selfish and destructive to the rest of the country, thats bad. If their interests are to make America better, that's good.

The interest of Govt workers is getting more money, which raise taxes, yet provides no improvement in services, in return for the money. Thats bad.

All you guys who claim to want 'the government out of healthcare' will be happy to accept free medical care if/when the day comes that you need it.

This coming from a guy who thinks that healthcare paid for by a limited number of citizens and re-distributed through the government is "free".

snapback.pngvirgil, on 10 April 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

All you guys who claim to want 'the government out of healthcare' will be happy to accept free medical care if/when the day comes that you need it.

Are you denying the above quote is yours? It was submitted under your name. I agree that the statement about healthcare being "free" is stupid.

Edited by wooffer

The health insurers and big pharma give the money to the people they want in Gov (and im talking billions right to Romney and Newt and the likes of them) and yea the teachers unions are funding Obamy's run. i think by saying that gov controls health ins and health care is like the tail waggin the mutt.

I never said that the politicians were honest just that they held the reins.

Woofer, you're intentionally playing dumb (maybe, maybe not). I did use the word 'free'- as in, there'd be no payment required. You knew what I meant and you're just trying to twist it into something else.

Not trying to play dumb, just trying to understand what you meant. Can you explain what "no payment" means? How do the doctors and hospitals get paid for their services if there is NO payment? Maybe you want to retract or correct your statement. Your statements are not helping the Obamacare side of the audience.

You make a lot of assumptions and stupid accusations. You've hijacked and ruined another thread on this site. Congratulations.

Oh I don't know about that. It seems to me that we are starting to get at the route causes of the health care problem and I think that's a good thing. If we have real understanding instead of just holding onto the propaghanda spewed by the government/media complex we will all benefit and come closer together.

Don't worry about 'the Obamacare side of the audience'- I have a feeling that they don't need things explained to them the way you seem to. Doctors and hospitals get paid directly by the third party payor- the patient receives an EOB(explanation of benefits) in the mail, not a bill.

Don't worry about 'the Obamacare side of the audience'- I have a feeling that they don't need things explained to them the way you seem to. Doctors and hospitals get paid directly by the third party payor- the patient receives an EOB(explanation of benefits) in the mail, not a bill.

Virgil I am not familiar with your "new speak" so I won't my time trying to help you, but I have to ask.

What is a "third party payor"? Is that a code word for the "working slob that pays taxes so people like Virgil can sit around and benefit from it?"

Somebody gets the bill. Here are other reasons I don't want the government responcible for my health. Remember Social Security? We've been being told for years now that it is broke and not sustainable. Over time those benefits have been being cut because the money just isn't there anymore. So now folks have to pay taxes on their benefits. Isn't that the dumbest thing ya ever heard. The government taxing money they distribute, why not just keep it in the first place? Anyway, The Social Security fund is going broke. Now as to the reason for why it's going broke. When SS was started there were many more people paying into the fund then there were people collecting from it. That left lots of money laying around and when there is money laying around a politician just cant sit still so they took all of the extra money that was being paid into SS and stole or spent it (either way it's the same thing it isn't their money) on their pet projects instead of reinvesting it back into SS. You see the reason why SS is broke is because they screwed it all up and stripped all of the funds out of it. Had they invested that money for our future good we'd all be able to retire comfortably on SS but instead they screwed us. I expect the same to happen with Health care. They'll just spend what they want and cut benefits for the aged because lets face it they are just too expensive to keep around and THAT is why they exempted themselves from Obama care, they want to live. Of course then there is the fact that once they control our health care they really control us. Speak out against them and your liable to find your file is lost and so you can't get the care you need. Now I understand you Obama boys not worrying too much about that so long as Obama is in power but what happens to you guys if another Bush takes over? Now to quell any discontent they don't actually have to kill anyone all that's required is that the news section of the government media complex report it as true and many folks will shut up. I'd guess that Fox would report it is happening whenever a Dem is in power and MSNBC would do so when a Rep. is in power the end result being they'd keep us all seperated and people too scared to speak out. Sabe? Now tell me how that is good for the country to be under the governments control in that way?

What is a "third party payor"? Is that a code word for the "working slob that pays taxes so people like Virgil can sit around and benefit from it?"

Examples of a third party payor are private insurance companies, HMO's, Medicare/Medicaid, etc.

My guess is that your description of yourelf as a slob is accurate. But, what makes you think that I personally would 'sit around and benefit from it'? Or, is that just another stupid insult or accusation?