1'st black bear shoot!

wooly

Alright guys, I already gave ya a basic lowdown on this dude. This is the crap I live for! I saw him feeding in the grass and got set up for some long range shots...which I got plenty of. Then he spotted me and became curious making his way in to 20ft before making himself comfortable and munching down the greens.

At one point he got my wind and began huffing at me and took a few bounds my way. Assuming he was just trying to intimidate me I sat tight and he layed down and went back to feeding! For 2 hours this went on and at times he was so close I couldn't frame him entirely at 70mm! What an AWESOME day in the sticks again!

Here's a few of my fav's!

CSC_1284_filtered.jpg

CSC_1286_filtered.jpg

CSC_1299_filtered.jpg

CSC_1323_filtered.jpg

CSC_1327_filtered.jpg

CSC_1316_filtered.jpg

CSC_1301_filtered.jpg

CSC_1306_filtered.jpg

CSC_1337_filtered.jpg

Thanks guys, we don't see many here so this was an extra special encounter especially considering the closeness.

Those are great Wooly. Now cubs stay with their Mom two years so he would have to be a little over two years old, what do you think about his size?

My guess....maybe 130-140lb'ish. Not a monster by any means but I bet he could have found a way to fit some of my body parts in his mouth...some maybe not,lol

Great shots Wooley.good luck topping these,they are Awesome!!!!!!

Guess I'm gonna have to find me a NY montain lion now. If it's out there, I'll find the SOB,LOL!

I don't think bugs and bucks will compare anymore.