I hate rain !!!

luberhill

9 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I've been putting a little Bleach in the puddles on our yard .... kills the mosquitos before they hatch !

How would that fare having a dog? I was out last night doing some flint and steel stuff and the freakin' bloodsuckers were already out and chased me back in the house. If that's safe to put around and not have to worry about harming the pup, I'd give it a try in a heart beat.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

How would that fare having a dog? I was out last night doing some flint and steel stuff and the freakin' bloodsuckers were already out and chased me back in the house. If that's safe to put around and not have to worry about harming the pup, I'd give it a try in a heart beat.

Probably would not do the Pup any good , make him/her sick as hell ! I don't have any pets to worry about .

• Thanks 1

Just now, GreeneHunter said:

Probably would not do the Pup any good , make him/her sick as hell ! I don't have any pets to worry about .

I figured as much. We used some pet safe insecticide a few years ago that worked, but haven't found it again since, and we don't remember the name.

12 hours ago, DirtTime said:

The water you drink out of tap has chlorine in it...  how are you feeling?

I have some "disks" that you throw in standing water or ponds that contains a  bacteria that attacks and kills the mosquito larvae. Seemed to work pretty well the couple of years I've used it. supposedly it is harmless to pets, wildlife and people. Won't kill those that have already hatched. I believe they contain Bti, a bacterium that attacks larva of "skeeters" and also blackflies.

• Like 1