1'st fawn and a few others

wooly

Couple quick little stories to go along with a few of these.

I saw my first fawn yesterday with it's momma in the crick. When the doe blew, the fawn went swimming right up the middle of the crick and got seperated from its mom.

Today I went back to that area and saw a fawn franticly running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I got the cam locked on the tripod and got ready to put the sneak on it.

When I looked up, the fawn was standing there staring at me about 80yds out. All of a sudden, on a dead sprint, it ran right up to me within a FOOT!

I couldn't focus that close, so I reached my hand out to it and it litterally licked my finger twice before it began its mad dash around the woods again! I managed to get one shot that didn't turn out blurry.

This will be my 4'th season in a row with a fawn sidekick in this area!

CSC_1524_filtered.jpg

Here's a couple shots of her momma from yesterday.

CSC_1372_filtered.jpg

CSC_1377_filtered.jpg

Next I headed up to the powerlines looking for bugs. I found a rock pile in the middle of nowhere and had to take a closer look.

SNAKES EVERYWHERE,lol!

Mostly all garter snakes, which I'm getting pretty bored with...but then I looked and spotted a red belly racer. I've been dying to get a shot of one of these that shows his belly. I tired him out and he turned out some super model poses for me just the way I wanted! I'll be back to the rock pile to try and catch them sunning themselves again soon.

CSC_1495_filtered-1.jpg

Next up was this high noon coon from a couple days ago. Saw him in the crick and took chase to him. Something was wrong with this dude. I'd chase him up a tree and he'd come running right back down at me. It wasn't till after I got a few pics I noticed he had a bloody nose and a scraggly tail. He was trying to climb trees that wouldn't support a roosted sparrow and eventually went splashing into the crick from 10ft up.

I'd tormented him enough and started to feel bad for him. I let him be at that point.

CSC_0280_filtered.jpg

CSC_0272_filtered.jpg

CSC_0266_filtered.jpg

...and a chickadee I liked.

CSC_1495_filtered.jpg

..almost forgot my green dragonfly. Now if one of them blue ones would sit still long enough I'd be a happy hiker.

CSC_1490_filtered.jpg

Thanks guys- glad you liked and appreciate the comments!

Great pictures! Is this your occupation or just a hobby?

I just do this for fun. I'm slowly fading out of the hunting stuff but still enjoy the encounters and interaction with the critters.

Thanks guys- glad you liked and appreciate the comments!

I just do this for fun. I'm slowly fading out of the hunting stuff but still enjoy the encounters and interaction with the critters.

Wooly - keep taking those great pictures and keep on posting.