ATV Pictures / Info ? No one else has an ATV out there? What Do you have?

Kind of surprised this section has not seen more activity. Figured there would be more hunters with ATV's out there. Whether they use them exclusively for hunting for for both hunting and recreation.

So I ask, what kind of ATV to you have? Do you trail ride?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SUzuki 750 Kingquad.

My bro oin laws have a 750 also and a yamaha grizzly 600.

Love this thing.

I just wish I had somewhere else to ride..

we only have a 5 acre open field.

Only when I goto friends house in gilboa, he has some nice trails but that means a trailer ride for 25 miles..

cant just jump on..

I sometimes just ride in the street , and go around the mountain .. etc ..etc..

there is bearpen park not too far , but its risky, alot of locals ride there.

the park officer kinda turns the blind eye, but trails are state land and you can get a ticket.. its only 10 minutes from me..

Wish i had places to ride..

sucks with out them

I wish NY would mimic PA and allow some state trails for seasonal use.

Its only fair..

I  paid taxes and regestration fees out the ass and thats only to ride on YOUR OWN PROP.

anyone know of any open trails ?

post-24-131455289137_thumb.jpg

Kind of surprised this section has not seen more activity. Figured there would be more hunters with ATV's out there. Whether they use them exclusively for hunting for for both hunting and recreation.

Yeah screw registering if you ride on your own prop, no point.

And nice ride! the 750 is a beast eh?!  I think there is legal riding state land for ATV's if I am not mistaken.

Most state land is off-limits to motorized vehicles. Don't make any assumptions relative to this and always check before you ride. I'm not sure what the penalty is for riding an ATV on legally restricted state land, but I'll bet it can get pretty nasty, especially if a CO can find one little piece of evidence of ground damage. I wouldn't risk it. With my luck, they would be just looking for someone to make an example of ...... Ha-ha.

I'm not sure about the registration laws if the vehicle stays on your own property. I have not read the law relative to that.

Doc

Yamaha Kodiak ........ no longer trail ride since a CO told me I couldn't ride across state land a bunch of years ago (Nice of him to simply issue a warning). So now I just use it to plow snow off my 1000' driveway, and to get me up and down our "killer hill" behind the house. I generally drive up and park just under the rim of the hill and then I still have enough poop left to start walking.

I'm not really an ATV enthusiast. I have one strictly as an implement to do work and as a conveyance up and down the hill. As often as I actually use it, the thing will last forever.

Doc

I'm riding a Honda Foreman 500. (Camo of course,,) I use it for everything,, in the yard with a trailer,, lawn sweeper and lawn roller.. At hunting camp and for rec. riding.. Belong to Oswego county ATV club out of Altmar NY.. Lots of trails up there..

I have an ATV it’s a Yamaha grizzly don't have any pic’s on hand. But here is a pic of one of my new implements. This is a DR brush mower electric start anti kick blades. It is awesome it will cut brush up to 2 in. in diameter. I will see about getting some pics of my ATV.

post-208-131455292502_thumb.jpg

Polaris Xplorer 250 automatic, 4x4 on demand.  I mounted a double bow/gun holder on the front rack and a Plano hard box on the back rack.  That box holds a lot of extras I need to retrieve game and to make me  feel a tad more comfortable when going out alone.  One of these days I'll post a photo.

I have an '03 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4.  Back then when I bought it, this machine was ranked best buy for the 400 class of machine in several different magazines and on-line reviews.  When I bought it, I wound up buying a trailer to haul it around on as well.  It has served me very well.  In fact, the very first time I took it hunting, I was using some nuisance permits and shot two does.  The quad pretty much paid for itself that very day!

I have an ATV it’s a Yamaha grizzly don't have any pic’s on hand. But here is a pic of one of my new implements. This is a DR brush mower electric start anti kick blades. It is awesome it will cut brush up to 2 in. in diameter. I will see about getting some pics of my ATV.

Now - If you can only figure how to get it out of the crate so you can use it !  :D .. :D .. :D

I've got a Honda Rancher 350cc. Gets my deer out of the woods. Also beats walking two miles out on Erie to icefish. Dragged some fair size logs out this spring for firewood 12"X20' Waiting for Harley to come out with a 96 cu in job. That'd be wicked in the woods.

I have a Honda Rubicon. I dont have a chance to do much trail riding, it is mainly used for hauling and camp work. Generally, no ATV riding is allowed on NY state land. It may be allowed on town or county roads through it though, depending on local agreement. Check with the counties ATV clubs to clarify.

I have 2. an 03 Polaris Sportsman 500 that I ride and take into the woods....and a bombardier traxter 500. I use this one as an implement...dragging discs and such. The Belt drive of the Polaris is not very useful for this. And my fater loves the step through feature of the seat so the old man doesn't have to swing his leg over