ATV Pictures / Info ? No one else has an ATV out there? What Do you have?

You can ride your ATVs in some county parks in the winter on snowmobile trails. Snowmobilers are real happy about this. NOT!!!!! Must have it registered and insured. Chestnut ridge in Erie County is one. The feeling is if its open to snowmobiles it should be open to ATVs.

My cousin closed the snowmobile trail acroos his land after two years running the snowmobilers thought running circles and such in the open fields was fun. What they didn't factor in was those fields were full of winter wheat and rye he was growing for the grain. They destroyed a lot of his crop. So he posted it up and dropped large logs across the trail.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Stay on my property, so no legal issues arise with registration, etc. Have a older 2005 Bombardier (Can-Am) Traxter 500. Same as the John Deere Buck. Made to be a work horse and that is exactally how I use it. About half of my property is DEC designated wetland, thus the mud. On 60 acres I have made about 2.5 miles of trails and narrower paths. Also have an Otter tub dumping trailer that gets used constantly. Hauled a lot of gravel with it at ~1000# a load. Oh yeah, that's my hunting camp, a pre-fab 12'x24' workshed.

post-682-131455314112_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A-TEAM fast attack vehicles:

Older beaters- 1989 Suzuki King Quad

1990 Yamaha G2 tweaked gas Golf cart with a 4" lift kit and large tires.

Ancient, but running, 1969 ROKON Trailbreaker 2X2 in almost original condition.

Former MXer, now a VINTAGE -1974 Maico 400 MX tucked away, and awaiting further restoration a Yamaha G1 2 cycle golf cart.

• 1 month later...

I almost got a grizzly, then the deal on the kawi brute 750 popped up on craigslist. I was literally at this guys house with in 2 hours of the craigslist posting.

Its an 05, had 150 miles on it, with a plow for 1/3 the price of a new one.  In the little time i've had the machine, wow, I've had fun.  With me, my wife, and towing a small trailer the thing doesnt even grunt going up a steep incline.  Only problem I had was the master cylinder, and fixing some corroded wiring as it was sitting for a while.  Flushed all the fluids, rebuilt the master, cleaned the carb, hit it with some sea foam, and gave it a really good cleaning.  (still working on the plow, its 1/2 way done)

post-1-131455353542_thumb.jpg

Honda Foremen.2nd season with it. love it.Its been a lifesaver. Draggin days are over. luggin treestands no more.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

All those years with out one what a luxury for work or play. I still make the long walks and climbs to my treestands. But knowing when one hits the ground it will be a cake extraction,good feeling.LOL!

Yeah screw registering if you ride on your own prop, no point.

And nice ride! the 750 is a beast eh?!  I think there is legal riding state land for ATV's if I am not mistaken.

Some statelands have atv/utv trails. But a majority are off limits at this time.They may eventually see the popularity of atv's amongst taxpayers . Do some impact research. And may open or designate trails for wheelers on statelands.Never know?  Another thing You can check into is riding clubs. Some have access to private lands.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...