Interesting Youth Season Spot on News

phade

lol of course i was kidding, and i am not mad that you think bubba and i are the same. . :kiss:

Sorry for the Bubba comment. There never is any excuse for comparing anyone to Bubba. That is way over the line even as a joke ..... :lol:

I don't know what to believe. I think I read here a couple weeks ago the youth hunt wasn't going to happen. A guy I work with swears it passed and the youth hunt is going to happen.

I see Cayuga county allows rifle hunting now. I'm a little nervous about this, the farmer on the neighboring property to us has a "shoot everything" mentality and a band of idiots that hunt there. That's all we need is them showing another generation bad hunting habits.

• Like 1

I don't know what to believe. I think I read here a couple weeks ago the youth hunt wasn't going to happen. A guy I work with swears it passed and the youth hunt is going to happen.

I see Cayuga county allows rifle hunting now. I'm a little nervous about this, the farmer on the neighboring property to us has a "shoot everything" mentality and a band of idiots that hunt there. That's all we need is them showing another generation bad hunting habits.

It passed, and is going to happen Oct 6,7,8 unless Gov. Cuomo signs the bill that nixes it before that.

Sounds to me like those people will be passing on their "bad habits" with or without the 3 days of extra hunting. Why would the youth hunt make it worse? As long as the people arent breaking the law or being unsafe, why worry about what deer they choose to shoot anyhow?

It passed, and is going to happen Oct 6,7,8 unless Gov. Cuomo signs the bill that nixes it before that.

Sounds to me like those people will be passing on their "bad habits" with or without the 3 days of extra hunting. Why would the youth hunt make it worse? As long as the people arent breaking the law or being unsafe, why worry about what deer they choose to shoot anyhow?

The farmer has been heard numerous times saying "We shoot everything". I know he has at least 30 landowner permits which he does everything in his power to fill. Yes he has a right to these permits if thats what the state is giving him. We find on average 2 to 4 deer on our property dead (found a nice little 7 point with a drop tine dead last Dec that I passed on 3 different times during bow season). He has never asked us once for permission to try to recover these deer. He told another hunter that if they make to the "woods" they don't bother looking anymore. The same hunter told me he saw his group with 3 button bucks the last weekend of the season.

Frustrating to see and hear, that's all I'm trying to say. I was lucky enough to kill a 147" 8 point there back in 2009. The bucks don't have much of a chance to grow with these guys around, and yes a few have them have been in trouble with the law and DEC. My buddy lost a trail camera last season too. How would you feel???????

• Like 1

Id be mad about losing the trail cam, and would wonder a bit about the deer, but who knows how far those deer ran or why they werent tracked down. Ive lost a couple of deer before, it happens. As far as how many deer he can shoot, well, hes a farmer and makes his living off the land. Deer tear up his crops, costing him money and his living. I tend to believe that the farmers have more of a right to kill the deer to preserve their income than we do to kill them for sport.

Just my opinion.

Thanks man. I think it is really important that everyone realizes that as the days tick on and the governor has not signed the crossbow bill (that carries the weird little sentence hidden at the end to kill the youth hunt,) whether you agree or not, or believe in wearing blaze orange or not...are ready or not, the reality of it happening should not surprise anyone. But I think it will.

During session, the governor must sign or veto legislation within 10 days after transmittal (Sundays excepted), or it becomes law without signature. Legislation transmitted with fewer than 10 days left in the session must be acted upon by the governor within 30 days after adjournment, or is pocket vetoed.

So if the bill was transmitted late,...maybe it was pocket vetoed. And it might die or be dead and the youth hunt is on! But I am no legislative expert.

Huh?

The youth season was signed and passed, but the new crossbow extension is what can kill the youth season, so if the Gov signs that bill into law, it stops the youth season. If he does not sign that bill, its called a pocket veto, but that only happens if the legislature is out of session.

http://63.118.56.3/sws/aboutsenate/how_idea_becomes_law.html