12 killed, 38 hurt in Colorado shooting

burmjohn

In a smokey dark theater we don't need more people around shooting guns. Yes I wished there was a well trained individual carrying a gun and maybe that would of made a difference.

Like I said the person has to be well trained and able to kill a human being, I don't think most of us could do that. Very unfortunate situation I feel badly for those who are suffering.

I'm not saying that everyone and their grandmother should be carrying and shooting in a dark theater. If it was a responsible gun carrying owner who is well trained and he or she was carrying, he or she would be capable of returning fire to stop the violence.

I agree that it would have to be someone well trained, knowing when to shoot and knowing when to wait for the right opportunity to shoot and also being capable of shooting another human being. I know for certain, if my life or my family or friends were in danger and I was in a position to protect them I would not hesitate to do it.

All the gun control advocates are just making it harder for someone who is responsible enough to know how to handle and shoot a firearm, to actually be allowed to carry one. The gun control laws do absolutely nothing to stop a looney toon like this guy in Colorado from buying a stolen gun on the street and using it in a crime. Who know's where he got the rifle? Gander Mountain? Dicks? This guy seems to have been hell bent on doing what he did. Why he did it I don't think we'll ever really find out. And yes if someone was carrying, trained properly on how to use a firearm, we could have saved the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars over the next 50 years on housing and feeding this guy.

Edited by Deerthug
  • Like 1

Talking to you is painful. You never have anything legitimate to back up your opinions. You constantly try to take the focus off of yourself, and your inability to support your views. My IQ is lower, as a result of having had this conversation with you. Bye Virgil.

I'll agree that your IQ does seem to be shrinking. But, I didn't express an opinion on this thread. I just commented about how quickly rumors can start without anything to back them up. Since then, I've just ignored your insults and insinuations and attempts to drag me into a debate over an issue that obviously is a pet peeve of yours- the UN treaty. I did ask you to back up your own opinions on the subject and got more nonsense and rhetoric and no actual evidence to support your opinion- which is why I said that it was exactly what I expected.

Does anybody else find this weired that this happend? I mean everytime they try to attack the 2nd amendmant something like this happens . kinda weired... iam just saying. its like someone one is trying to feed them a reaseon or worse off. our govermant doin something like this to get the u n bll passed. Its scary times we are living in these days.

• Like 1

In a smokey dark theater we don't need more people around shooting guns. Yes I wished there was a well trained individual carrying a gun and maybe that would of made a difference.

Like I said the person has to be well trained and able to kill a human being, I don't think most of us could do that. Very unfortunate situation I feel badly for those who are suffering.

Id rather have a bunch of people shooting at the bad guy rather than the bad guy shooting who ever he wants. Even if the good guys hit one or two people there still wouldn't be 12 dead and 59 wounded.

• Like 2

and for the people who think the u n bill isnt gonna attack our rights to our 2nd amendmant. you people are the problem in society today. keep thinking that and you will be the Governments puppets in the end. just think if this stuff is happening now what is gonna happen if they do take our guns away and only the cops and the criminals have the guns hmm.

• Like 1

Does anybody else find this weired that this happend? I mean everytime they try to attack the 2nd amendmant something like this happens . kinda weired... iam just saying. its like someone one is trying to feed them a reaseon or worse off. our govermant doin something like this to get the u n bll passed. Its scary times we are living in these days.

I don't care about any UN treaty. I'm not giving up any guns period. They ban them good luck to them in coming and getting them.

The media just hypes it more, and the conspiracy theory types start spouting off and get everyones paranoid thoughts going. Was someone in the process of attacking 2A around the time of the Colombine killings? How about VA Tech? Nope.

Any of you that think youd stop someone in body armor laying down suppressive fire while obscured by smoke in a dark theater, with your 9mm are having Chuck Norris delusions. You would be much better served concentrating on how to get your family out alive.

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

The media just hypes it more, and the conspiracy theory types start spouting off and get everyones paranoid thoughts going. Was someone in the process of attacking 2A around the time of the Colombine killings? How about VA Tech? Nope.

Any of you that think youd stop someone in body armor laying down suppressive fire while obscured by smoke in a dark theater, with your 9mm are having Chuck Norris delusions. You would be much better served concentrating on how to get your family out alive.

Just my opinion though.

The way to get your family out alive is to nuetralize the threat to them. If people practice the body armour drill than there is no problem stopping a person in body armour. You don't have to be a Navy seal to protect yourself or others just reasonably competant.

first off you being a moderator on this site is a joke with this attitude you have . 2nd i never said anything about stopping what happend so before you go attacking what i say buddy you better read the post . and iam a moderator on another site so i know how you are suppose to act.

first off you being a moderator on this site is a joke with this attitude you have . 2nd i never said anything about stopping what happend so before you go attacking what i say buddy you better read the post . and iam a moderator on another site so i know how you are suppose to act.

Really? So just because Im a moderator, Im not allowed an opinion? Spare me the routine pal.

The way to get your family out alive is to nuetralize the threat to them. If people practice the body armour drill than there is no problem stopping a person in body armour. You don't have to be a Navy seal to protect yourself or others just reasonably competant.

So how are you going to neutralize the threat in that situation? You are in a dark theater, with thick smoke or tear gas, and a crowd of people running for their lives. Its just not realistic. In different circumstances, maybe.

With a few hundred people crowding down the aisle in the opposite direction?

There are clearly two choices, either attack and take out the threat or lay down and be a vicitm. And nothing says you have to go down the isles, climb over the seats. Do the best you can and in the end if all you do is draw his fire at least he isn't shooting at your family then. Clearly though doing nothing gives him the ability to shoot with impunity and that is worse case scenario for the innocent.

There are clearly two choices, either attack and take out the threat or lay down and be a vicitm. And nothing says you have to go down the isles, climb over the seats. Do the best you can and in the end if all you do is draw his fire at least he isn't shooting at your family then. Clearly though doing nothing gives him the ability to shoot with impunity and that is worse case scenario for the innocent.

Were just going to have to agree to disagree here. I simply dont see anyone short of an action hero or heavily trained individual doing anything to effectively eliminate the threat in this particular situation.

Nice to disagree about it without being accused of attacking or something like that though. B)

Were just going to have to agree to disagree here. I simply dont see anyone short of an action hero or heavily trained individual doing anything to effectively eliminate the threat in this particular situation.

Nice to disagree about it without being accused of attacking or something like that though. B)

Keep in mind the bad guy isn't an action hero or heavily trained individual either, he's just a nut job and can be killed as easily as he is killing those around him. But, I can agree to disagree on this.