12 killed, 38 hurt in Colorado shooting

burmjohn

Any of you that think youd stop someone in body armor laying down suppressive fire while obscured by smoke in a dark theater, with your 9mm are having Chuck Norris delusions. You would be much better served concentrating on how to get your family out alive.

Just my opinion though.

Excellent observation. I find it funny how many think they would blow someone like him away if they were there with their pistols. I say BS to that. Even highly trained law enforcement don't always get the job done the way they would want when the crap hits the fan. I really doubt someone who shoots a few times a year would turn into a superman in a situation like that. Yeah, there might be some cool handed lukes walking around with pistols, but I tell you they are very few and far in between. Just go to any shooting range and see how well the average gun owner can shoot. Nothing to write home about, that's for darned sure. Best way to be a hero is to get yourself and those around you out of there quickly.

• Like 2

Excellent observation. I find it funny how many think they would blow someone like him away if they were there with their pistols. I say BS to that. Even highly trained law enforcement don't always get the job done the way they would want when the crap hits the fan. I really doubt someone who shoots a few times a year would turn into a superman in a situation like that. Yeah, there might be some cool handed lukes walking around with pistols, but I tell you they are very few and far in between. Just go to any shooting range and see how well the average gun owner can shoot. Nothing to write home about, that's for darned sure. Best way to be a hero is to get yourself and those around you out of there quickly.

You are probably right that not everyone would be capable of taking someone out like that but you know what, I would rather die trying to do that to save myself, family and others than to sit there and get shot in the head by some nut job like him.

• Like 1

Completely different set of circumstances.

You can say that again. Not even close to what it must have been like in the theatre.

I loved the old guy, though! What no one knows is that he had a digital prostate exam earlier that morning, so he was doubly mad as hell and took it out on those two big time!!

• Like 2

I hope you don't take this wrong but you are right that you would not be able to do it, you have given up before even trying.

How do you figure? I would have gotten my family out of the situation as quickly and safely as possible, and helped others as well given the set of circumstances in the theater shooting. In the case of the internet cafe robbery, I would have done exactly what the old man did. Again, you are talking apples and oranges here.

I look at the theaters I have been in. you exit down to the front on either side. he is standing at the bottom in front of the screen. you have to advance into fire to get your family out. I have been travelign so I have been out of the loop on info but he had to be just shootign them as they ran to the choke points. fish in a barrel WNY. if you took your family that route they would be in the count.

How do you figure? I would have gotten my family out of the situation as quickly and safely as possible, and helped others as well given the set of circumstances in the theater shooting. In the case of the internet cafe robbery, I would have done exactly what the old man did. Again, you are talking apples and oranges here.

Which is exactly what everyone else there was doing. 50 some people shot, clearly that tactic didn't work.

Which is exactly what everyone else there was doing. 50 some people shot, clearly that tactic didn't work.

Out of how many? Im pretty sure it worked out well for the majority. Just a bad situation to be in. Honestly, I couldnt think of a worse place to try and get out of in an emergency if you arent sitting near an exit, and in this case, the assailant apparently came through one of them.

God bless these poor people who were shot and or killed. I got into a short argument about AK 47's with a worker over this. That gun did not kill them the jerk using it did. Will we ban cars if he ran over a crowd of people? Why don't they ban beer and booze, it causes more deaths on the road than guns do.

Here we go with more gov. control... This will help that dam UN ban. ARG...

Crazy jerk idiot shooter, give him a cell with bubba before they zap him! Better yet let the families of the victims spend a few days in a cell with him. No electricity needed, new green way of justice family style.

Sad but true, they will use this as an excuse to blame gun owners. Funny how no one ever blamed the method to kill 87 people back in the Bronx in 1990. 87 people dead and no one called for new legislation to prevent it from happening again. Always remind those around you that gun control is about people control and not guns.

• Like 1

Guy had way too much firepower and protection. All bought legally. This may be the tipping point in America.

I'm a hunter and enjoy my firearms. For me there has to be something done to stop these weapons getting onto the hands of people who want to kill. What he bought online is outrageous. I know most of you guys don't agree with this and I respect you. This is the way I feel and always have. The guns we love turned upon our own people it has to stop.

oh yeah gun control yeah buddy. just what we need more bad examples for people making bad judgements with guns. as said in an earlier post we should ban cars. as well as other things. I dont know about anyone else but I may look into buying an illegal gun(snub nose pistol and or a hipower rifle) from some illegal gun dealer in the city something with no serial number,. , bury it with one of those burriel cases and when the gov take our guns away I will still have something in case SHTF. not really going to but i should

Edited by apoallo

I'd like to know how he got in through a fire exit when its supposed to be locked from the outside and can only be opened from the inside. Maybe there was an accomplice?

He bought a ticket, went into the theater and propped the door open. He then went out to the car and suited up and came back inside. Ive read reports stating he had this planned for a while and had cased the theater to figure out just how to do it.

You could ban everything the guy pulled it off with, but you arent going to stop a guy like that, he had this planned out and was bound and determined to carry it out. He would have gotten the guns illegally if he couldnt buy them normally. The only part that concerns me is the body armor thing. This guy was in full body armor from head to toe, just like the guys that pulled off that LA shootout years ago. Again, you could ban the stuff, but if someone really wanted it, they can get it.

The mental illness of this young man is the real issue at hand. Having said that I am not opposed to stricter or more stringent gun control over sight. Provided that our existing gun control laws are enforced.

I personally believe gun ownership is a privilege and not a guaranteed right. In many cases it is to easy for nut bags like this guy to amass way to much fire power.

There are a lot of challenging issues surrounding these types of conversations and I know that I have more questions than answers.

I do believe as gun owners our response needs to be a lot more thoughtful than "guns don't kill people" people kill people.

I know this guy could have killed people using a number of other methods. Really challenging stuff!

He bought a ticket, went into the theater and propped the door open. He then went out to the car and suited up and came back inside. Ive read reports stating he had this planned for a while and had cased the theater to figure out just how to do it.

But shouldnt the alarm have gone off when he propped the emergency door open? Unless of course he disabled it. Again more questions than answers and i think we will never really know why he did what he did.