Quiver and sight suggestion for new bow

HuntOrBeHunted

I have a Treelimb Premium 5 arrow on my bow and like it. Its really made for mechanical broadheads, as the pockets in the foam are small, but I am just careful on how I put my fixed blades in there. The blades go into the foam, but it doesnt dull them at all. Just make sure they are rotated so they arent touching and youre good to go.

I also like the Tight Spot quivers.

For a sight, I like my Copper John Dead Nuts Pro. I have the extended bar on mine and the small fibers and it works fantastic. The one and only thing I would rather have, is a fiber wrap around the housing to pick up a tad more brightness on the pins, but its not that big of a deal. The newer ones come with the wrap if Im not mistaken.

Hello HoBH and welcome to the Forum(s),

My suggestion would be to get a detachable quiver. I take mine off when I'm on stand and find I have better control over the bow.

My sight suggestion would be to get one that has the fiber optic threads FULLY protected. Since I went to this style of sight, I have never had to change a broken fiber thread.

That's my 2 cents...

Edited by MuzzyLoader

Thanks for your fellas suggestions the detachable quiver sounds like a great idea.And the sight is what i'm more worried about so i'm trying to get the right one the first time.

When i'm done putting it all together i'm going to try and upload a pic of it and see what kind of input/reviws I get on it.Untill then it's tons of practice and trying to master my form.

Thanks Bill.

Take a look at the HHA sights. Most of their models are a 1 pin slider design but they do make a couple other models. I have a slider that is unbelievably bright. Check ebay or Archery Talk for some used ones, they are a little pricey new. Pay attention to how many feet of fiber optic the sight has. The more fiber optic, the more light it will let in, the brighter the pin will be.

As far as a quiver goes, it depends on if you are going to leave it mounted at all times or not. I take mine off when I get in my stand. I have a Bohning Lynx. They run about $25-$35. Good quiver for the money. It holds arrows well.

If you are planning on shooting with your quiver on you should look at a Tight Spot. Pretty pricey but I haven't heard any bad things about them.

Take a look at the HHA sights. Most of their models are a 1 pin slider design but they do make a couple other models. I have a slider that is unbelievably bright. Check ebay or Archery Talk for some used ones, they are a little pricey new. Pay attention to how many feet of fiber optic the sight has. The more fiber optic, the more light it will let in, the brighter the pin will be.

I love my HHA-5519. Once you sight it in, it works perfectly. Not that I would, but the sight allows me to take a shot at 80 yds. Just for kicks, I set a target up that far and only it it 2 out of 5 times. Check ebay, thats where I got mine and paid $60 less than I would at GM or BPS.

As for a quiver, I recommend a detachable for the same reasons. When its windy its a huge sail. But this will be one of those, to each his own, kind of things.

As for getting it right the first time, i understand what you are trying to do, but i've never experienced it. That's why I step up in my gear, my first bow was $50 from a garage sale. You learn what you like and what works, and you make adjustments. Sites like this and other research really can help you, but expereince almost always trumps. And keep reciepts.

I went and looked at a few quivers they seemed to be out of stock on any of the nicer ones. I was looking at the HHA sites that you recommended me and seen a bunch of good reveiws.

And don't worry Rev Ev i'm not going to buy a bunch of fancy things and just leave the bow on the self looking pretty,i'll be in the feild with it daily untill oct 1st.

Thanks Bill.

Tree Limb premiums are excellent. I have the three arrow model...I find the 5 arrow is not needed for most instances (save for a few does in my youth!).

Sights are a dime a dozen...quality sights are available for cheap. HIGH HIGH HIGH quality sights are pricey. I have a spot hogg real deal on one bow and a Tru glo on the other....the tru glo is on my primary and it's simple, yet effective. The spot hogg is great once dialed in, but a bit more complicated in design and operation.

A couple things to suggest considering:

1. type of pins (single, multiple, slider, etc.)

2. housing size - match it to your peep to create a full peep window.

3. pin size - .019 is common now....029 can be good for short shot pins.

4. Pin color - I cant stand red...I have to use green or orange. Red loses light faster than green and orange.

5. Have a wrapped fiber housing...you likely won't need a light for it.

Edited by phade

Phade chances are I will be getting a sight with multiple pins, i'm thinking about getting a good sight with 4 pins and hopefully i'll only have to get the one.

And as far as the quiver i'll be looking into a nice detachable one. Hope to make a really nice combo that I can use for years and maybe pass down to a family member so it can be there first bow also.

Thanks for the tips guys i'll post a pic when its done and see what you all think!

Bill.

Phade chances are I will be getting a sight with multiple pins, i'm thinking about getting a good sight with 4 pins and hopefully i'll only have to get the one.

And as far as the quiver i'll be looking into a nice detachable one. Hope to make a really nice combo that I can use for years and maybe pass down to a family member so it can be there first bow also.

Thanks for the tips guys i'll post a pic when its done and see what you all think!

Bill.

Check out Montana's black gold ascent. I love my single pin slider, but you can have them customized for however many pins you want. Super bright.

• 2 weeks later...