A bit too close

First-light

So my brother went up to my camp this weekend I was there last weekend. He pulls the cards out of the two trail cams.

The cams are about 100 yards apart and you have to come pretty close to cam#1 to get to cam#2. Well last Sunday cam #2 takes a picture of me at 9:19 am. I was mowing the trails. At 9:20 on cam#1 there is a picture of a bear. Pretty close for me. Interesting that the sound of the mower didn't scare him off? I also have to check both clocks on the cams, they might be off?

I'm not too familiar with bear behavior, but are they starting to get like other critters where they are simply learning to work around humans and their activities? Your story sounds a bit like that may be happening.

Not sure I like that when it comes to bears ..... lol.

had a similar experiance last year, logger goes by camera at 1128 with a skid of logs, bear on same cam at 1131. i think they just get use to sound or the noise may of got them up and moving and just happend to go by camera.

I run into bears often in the Catskills. They never get aggressive though. I just yell at them and wave my arms and they leave. Sometimes they run, other times just walk away. A friend actually had to kick a bear in the rump once to get it to leave his yard.

They are smart animals and seem to know when people are a threat to them. Spring and summer in NY is a time they couldn't care less what humans do near them.

I won't speak of encounters with a sow and cubs though as I have yet to run into that.

I run into bears often in the Catskills. They never get aggressive though. I just yell at them and wave my arms and they leave. Sometimes they run, other times just walk away. A friend actually had to kick a bear in the rump once to get it to leave his yard.

They are smart animals and seem to know when people are a threat to them. Spring and summer in NY is a time they couldn't care less what humans do near them.

I won't speak of encounters with a sow and cubs though as I have yet to run into that.

I have and she didn't care a bit. Content on eating corn and watching her two cubs. I was 30 yards from one of the cubs and she just kept on eating.

So my brother went up to my camp this weekend I was there last weekend. He pulls the cards out of the two trail cams.

The cams are about 100 yards apart and you have to come pretty close to cam#1 to get to cam#2. Well last Sunday cam #2 takes a picture of me at 9:19 am. I was mowing the trails. At 9:20 on cam#1 there is a picture of a bear. Pretty close for me. Interesting that the sound of the mower didn't scare him off? I also have to check both clocks on the cams, they might be off?

Bear's are geting use to human's and are alot less afraid of us now than in the past.On my way to work I have seen several and hope to get some pic's.Do you carry firearm when on the mower?

No different then deer and turkey getting use to us being around....I suppose they are thinking it's better to be tailing you than you tailing them....lol...

Should be interesting here now that all this corn is around...the field next to us just tasseled out this week and the ears are just showing....Had a bear take out our chicken food a couple of weeks ago...but hasn't been back since....I tied the can to the coop[ and sprapped the lid to handles.

Hasn't breeding season just started or about to?

Bear's are geting use to human's and are alot less afraid of us now than in the past.On my way to work I have seen several and hope to get some pic's.Do you carry firearm when on the mower?

Bear spray on my person at all times. No firearms but that may change.