Gas Cans

tj1187

Know exactly what u mean. Think the feds. did it again, stuck their noses in something and destroyed it, lol. It wasn't just because of fumes, it was also on static electricity, risk of fire, on the steel cans, maybe plastic too. So instead of that risk, now u have more due to spillage. I garage sale hunt for the old cans. Suprising what great shape some of them are.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

The older style plastic gas cans were much better than the crappy ones that were mandated for usage by the government . They don't have the vent hole and they spill gas ......... but are not supposed to do so . Whoever wrote the regulations for these stupid gas cans probably got a kickback from the manufacturers !

I have one of the new ones 1 gallon,that I use for my chain saw.I think it works pretty good,No spilled gas,No un screwing caps,Just put in the gas tank and push down .I have it over a year,I bought it in a small equip. repair shop.

I've got a few older cans and one of the new ones...the new one works fine...but it's an anomaly. I stopped using another of the new ones cause it was worthless to pour. I think the bigger ones of the new kind pour better than the smaller ones.

I bought one of those new ones when they first came out. Once I used up all the gas I never filled it back up. I went back to the old ones. The new one stinks. I thought about drilling a small vent hole in the top of it but I just put it in the shed and never got back to it.