Question about Deer Tags in New York

WestchesterBowman

• 2 weeks later...

Can you use your buck tag during Bow season? And my huntin partner IS a lawyer who can figure this lingo out. Can you use a bow during regular season in lands open to gun hunting?

No problem. They need to have hunters write the regulation books...not attorneys...lol. I would suggest reading it from cover to cover though. Lots of little tid bits hiding in there.

I used to hunt 8C in Rochester, archery only. It's been a long time, but I thought you could use your Bow/ML either sex tag all season long, in the archery only area. Can't remember for sure, my brain is fried, I guess.

Edited by Skillet

No. If you shoot a deer with your bow during gun season, you use your gun season tag. Where you are makes no difference.

I just talked to Officer Snowdon, @ region 8. In region 8, you are correct, the Bow / ML tag is not good for regular season. However, in Westchester and Suffolk, you may use the Bow / ML tag during the regular season as well, in an archery only area.

Edited by Skillet