send letters for crossbows in NY

Here you go...Bye the way  across the country hunting accidents of all kinds are only recorded  by officials ...If there is personal injury or significant property damage...and if the ppl report it to the news... Don't think that this is not by design....There are many more near mishaps than any one ever knows about  to both humans and live stock...Oh and before you get on a rant most of these are regular arrows...the point is when this can happen with ppl that actually have to practice ...what do you think would happen with ppl that think that all they need to do is sight in once and they are good to go?...By the way...just Thursday my neighbor with the camp next door asked me..."so we have bow road hunters now?" ..I said we've always had them why do you ask?...He said "I found several short arrows in my drive way."  I said " that is why I've lined are land in pines....those broad heads are hell on tires."

So Even with having to take 2 days of gun safety and 2 of archery ...we still have crap like this...Now NY wants to allow new ppl into archery with"ON LINE TRAINING!"..wow 

December 15, 2010 - 23-year-old arrested for shooting                    hunting arrow into Brockport, NY home.

March 25 2009 - Another Archer Loses an Arrow

March 16 2009                    - Yonkers Woman Shot by Errant Arrow on Riverdale Street

April 24 2009                    - Man shot with arrow.

this guys rants get funnier with every post, probably used to be a cross dresser comedian back in good old eastern Moldova, betcha she road on stage with a jackass ;):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  hey grows alot didnt you all use crossbows to hunt yaks in your land?? hey i'll bet ya you've milked a yak or two, right???LMAO :D :D :D :D

\

Once again you prove that you cannot be objective, and can only use dergatory language in place of a well educated, well spoken debate.

But at least have the decency to be an adult, and explain yourself in a civil manner so that maybe xgunners will at least have a chance in the debate without looking like..well, I'll leave the name calling to you guys...

I won't.  I don't like loudmouth internet bullies.

Sitsintrees has proven himself to be a total joke.

NY antler and skyhunter are close behind....all blather and no substance, and nowhere near as clever as they think they are.

SteveB and WestNYbuck are sarcastic and close minded, but not total idiots.

If you are looking for a rational and reasoned discussion...I don't think we will find one here.

hey maybe you and ole Ludmilla/grows alot should meet up and go on a date ;):D :D :D :D ....

Sits in trees....I know you think that the trash flowing from your brain is witty .....but I personally think there should be a disclaimer attached to your posts.....in the line  of...lets say.." This is your brain on drugs"...or " Don't drink and type"....."A mind is a terrible thing to waste"... ;)

\

Once again you prove that you cannot be objective, and can only use dergatory language in place of a well educated, well spoken debate.

But at least have the decency to be an adult, and explain yourself in a civil manner so that maybe xgunners will at least have a chance in the debate without looking like..well, I'll leave the name calling to you guys...

NY antler and skyhunter are close behind....all blather and no substance, and nowhere near as clever as they think they are.

If you are looking for a rational and reasoned discussion...I don't think we will find one here.

hey maybe you and ole Ludmilla/grows alot should meet up and go on a date ;):D :D :D :D ....

Now you have escalated to a racist homophobe...lmao...

\

So far that leaves the only two here that can hold a rational discussion are you and Spiker.. why don't you both just talk amongst yourselves then... you can take turns dodging questions from one another. ;D

I won't. I don't like loudmouth internet bullies.

Here we have a guy who cannot see who he is. He call others (and this can be easily found on the last few pages):

1) lazy

2) cheater

3) whiner

4) total joke

5) dirty

6) idiots

and then ends his post (page 82 reply 1222)  where he quoted me, by telling me "you can shut up now".

Now at the top of this post if you all recall we saw ole flinger stating this:

" I don't like loudmouth internet bullies."

So it's clear for all to see why he has utter contempt for his fellow hunters; he hates himself as well.

Can someone tell me what the hell an x-gun is?  I thought this was about cross-bows? I can’t find anything in my Webster dictionary under the definition of a cross-bow that mentions the word gun. It does mention the word bow though.  A crossbow is a bow mounted on a stock that shoots projectiles, often called bolts.

A crossbow is a bow mounted on a stock that shoots projectiles, often called bolts.

Or........A crossbow consists of a prod (similar in appearance to a bow)  mounted on a stock similar to a rifle stock, which has  a mechanism to wind and shoot its bolts. These bolts are typically  called quarrels,  and do not depend upon lift as arrows do. 

LOL ;)

Can someone tell me what the hell an x-gun is?  I thought this was about cross-bows? I can’t find anything in my Webster dictionary under the definition of a cross-bow that mentions the word gun. It does mention the word bow though.  A crossbow is a bow mounted on a stock that shoots projectiles, often called bolts.

If it's a bow...mounted on a stock, can you think of what else is mounted on a stock?

A barrel? Maybe a trigger? Scope? Night Optics?

The whole point of the anti xgun debate is that it is not a bow.

And therefore, if not a bow, than what?

Maybe it's a gun?

Or rather, a cross between a bow, and  gun..so why not call it a xgun instead of a xbow.

This battle will be fought with words, so why not start with proper definitions to kick it off in the right direction?

So im thinkin booger flinger and specker are the same fella..possibly created to agree with himself...too much of a coincidence specker is a vocal newbie..jmo..lol..here it comes gman..G

i'm thinking flingers alter ego is "grows alot", when upset he turns into a yak milking women from central Kazakhstan who babbles incoherently confusing archery equipment with "FIREARMS" ;):D ROTFLMAO!!!!!or both of them could just be Doc sitting at the keyboard in a dress :D :D :D .

Or rather, a cross between a bow, and  gun..so why not call it a xgun instead of a xbow.

Guns normally rely on igniting an charge which is the energy behind the projectile, thus the name "firearms"

The energy of a projectile fired from a crossbow comes from the stored enegy in a set of bow limbs; big difference. 

Guns normally rely on igniting an charge which is the energy behind the projectile, thus the name "firearms"

The energy of a projectile fired from a crossbow comes from the stored enegy in a set of bow limbs; big difference.

Guns are generally fired by placing the stock into your shoulder, using a scope as an aiming device, then pulling the trigger to "project" the projectile.

We can argue symantics all day long, but if you think that a xgun is a bow, then you are mistaken...it is neither, which brings into question the validity of it being included into a season designated for "bow only".

Give it it's own season, preferably eating into the rifle season, and be done with it. But, try to bring it into the bow season, and that's where the fight begins.

Crossbows were invented from bows..b4 guns..their point was for repeated fire..and longevity of the archer for holding the arrow back..being that crossbows can be cocked and ready to shoot tells me its more of a gun..also, why would you need multiple fire?..the invention of the compound, and development of the cam has made for no reason of use of xguns by a healthy hunter..which is why its available for the disabeleds to use..of course they do make a bow lock..its called a drawlock..also illegal to use unless yer handicrapped..

of course they do make a bow lock..its called a drawlock..also illegal to use unless yer handicrapped..

Hmmm....isn't it funny that the crossbow pushers ignore the draw lock?

A real bow....but locked back.  Yet they still snivel that they need a crossbow, at the same time they claim that crossbows and compounds are "identical".

Too funny.

First let me state that I am a bow hunter and have no intention of buying a cross-bow.

With a friend who has MS I decided to do some research into the cross-bow issue.

My friend is never going to climb into a tree stand again and a draw lock doesn’t work for him. A cross-bow may not work for him but he deserves the opportunity to try one if he wants.

I have to admit I have limited experience with a cross-bow. I have only shot one once and found it to be heavy and cumbersome and noisy. To me it more of a novelty I’m not going to put 500 to 800 dollars down on one. The only advantage I can see is it may be a more stable platform then a bow.