send letters for crossbows in NY

So im thinkin booger flinger and specker are the same fella..possibly created to agree with himself...too much of a coincidence specker is a vocal newbie..jmo..lol..here it comes gman..G

I looked into that a long time ago. Unless one of them is falsifying their IP address, they are two different people.  ;)

Gosh....you mean there might be more than one NY hunter opposed to crossbows? ::)

Sure there is, albeit a small population, there are a few.

If the stats were skewed toward there being more accidents with crossbows, dont you think your beloved NYB and other anti-hunt...I mean anti-crossbow organizations would be throwing them around every chance they got?

I agree that NYB would love to get there hands on data like that.

Your insinuation that anyone opposed to crossbows in bowseason is "anti-hunting" is very offensive.

I assume there are somethings that cross your line, violate your sense of right and wrong....rifles in gun season?  Road hunting?  Spot lighting?  Any logic that leads you to the conclusion that crossbow opponents are "anti-hunting" most certainly doubles back upon you at some point.

(That's called "hypocrisy," BTW.)

Drawloc - the impliment which markets itself as a vertical crossbow. ;D

But of course reasonable people know it is not.  Reasonable people understand that the bow must still be held like a bow, aimed like a bow, fired like a bow.

Real crossbows are held like a gun, aimed like a gun, and fired like a gun.

It seems pretty obvious that the vast majority of those who complain that they need a string gun because they can't draw or hold the bow back could use a drawlock....but still would prefer the more advantaged crossbow.

So we are not to believe manufacturers claims?

OK - apply that to all manufacturers evenly - like when NYB Mr Dente spews about the PSE.

All the time ignoring things like the nearly $2000 cost - which I'm sure means it will be the most sought after crossbow :)

I hava a gmail and yAHOOadress..it can be done!

So im thinkin booger flinger and specker are the same fella..possibly created to agree with himself...too much of a coincidence specker is a vocal newbie..jmo..lol..here it comes gman..G

I looked into that a long time ago. Unless one of them is falsifying their IP address, they are two different people.  :)

OK - apply that to all manufacturers evenly - like when NYB Mr Dente spews about the PSE.

All the time ignoring things like the nearly $2000 cost - which I'm sure means it will be the most sought after crossbow :)

What does he spew? 

I'll say this about the TAC-15.....it makes a great poster child for those opposed to crossbows. 

Ballistically advantaged, manufacturer reports of 1" groups at 100 yards, and it uses an actual rifle platform as its base.

You couldn't dream up a better target if you tried....LOL.

I hava a gmail and yAHOOadress..it can be done!

I looked into that a long time ago. Unless one of them is falsifying their IP address, they are two different people.  :)

You cant hide or change your IP with different email addresses.

If the stats were skewed toward there being more accidents with crossbows, dont you think your beloved NYB and other anti-hunt...I mean anti-crossbow organizations would be throwing them around every chance they got?

I agree that NYB would love to get there hands on data like that.

Your insinuation that anyone opposed to crossbows in bowseason is "anti-hunting" is very offensive.

I assume there are somethings that cross your line, violate your sense of right and wrong....rifles in gun season?  Road hunting?  Spot lighting?  Any logic that leads you to the conclusion that crossbow opponents are "anti-hunting" most certainly doubles back upon you at some point.

(That's called "hypocrisy," BTW.)

Awwwww, you got offended? Im sowwy pumpkin.  ::)

Awwwww, you got offended? Im sowwy pumpkin.  ::)

Just pointing out a common dirty tactic for you crossbow pushers.

Claim that opposition is "divisive," then falsely claim opponents are "anti-hunters".....which is of course, divisive.

but you are an anti hunter which divides you from NY hunters who as a group largely want full inclusion...and yea maybe even giving hunters with disabilities the chance to hunt with crossbows during bow season...

I do believe that xguns in the BOW SEASON will result in more hunter accidents, and because it hasn't happened yet, there is no data to refer to...at least here in NY, where as a NYer, you know there are a different breed of people than anywhere else in this country, except maybe NJ.

Actually there is plenty of data out there to negate your belief, just look at the other states that recently included crossbows. As for your different breed theory, you need to get around a little more, people are pretty much the same wherever you go.

I've been all over the world, and in every state in the country..trust me, we are a different breed, and the rest of the country are the first ones to point it out, except for CA, where there are mostly NY transplants anyway..damn liberals gravitate towards one another.

I'm not sure how bad the road hunting is by you, but that is the biggest problem around here. And it always starts opening day of the rifle season.

And before you say a xgun is too big to fire from a vehicle, you have to realize that the bed of a pickup will be the perfect platform, as well as the mini vans with sliding doors on both sides.

And as far as data, let's wait until two seasons have passed before using completely different areas as models.

numerous crossbows with an fps faster than 400 fps, well lets be honest, it is Sunday...i would be amazed if you could show me more than 2 that top 400 fps. and besides there are now vert bows that are a few fps away from that same speed????and give it a year or 2 and vert bows will be right up with crossbow fps...

you better go back to comparing crossbows with guns, atleast we knew you were just being sarcastic. but with your statement in your above post you just prove your ignorance.......

While we are being honest, let's not forget that these crossbows are firing 420gn bolts over 400 fps.

Your statement that "vert bows will be right up with crossbow fps" is misleading, since it would be IBO speeds, meaning 350 gn arrows.

Still a significant ballistic advantage for crossbows....even if your 400+fps IBO bow is purely hypothetical as we speak.

there might be 2 crossbows out of hundreds on the market today that can launch an arrow of 420 grns over 400 fps. so once again you back your buddy with total BS to support his uneducated ignorant statements.

gotta luv this, keep talking, it shows the NY hunting public just what kind of buffoons your anti crossbow crowd really is :);):O:D :D :D :D LMAO!!!!!

I do believe that xguns in the BOW SEASON will result in more hunter accidents, and because it hasn't happened yet, there is no data to refer to...at least here in NY, where as a NYer, you know there are a different breed of people than anywhere else in this country, except maybe NJ.

Actually there is plenty of data out there to negate your belief, just look at the other states that recently included crossbows. As for your different breed theory, you need to get around a little more, people are pretty much the same wherever you go.

I've been all over the world, and in every state in the country..trust me, we are a different breed, and the rest of the country are the first ones to point it out, except for CA, where there are mostly NY transplants anyway..damn liberals gravitate towards one another.

I'm not sure how bad the road hunting is by you, but that is the biggest problem around here. And it always starts opening day of the rifle season.

And before you say a xgun is too big to fire from a vehicle, you have to realize that the bed of a pickup will be the perfect platform, as well as the mini vans with sliding doors on both sides.

And as far as data, let's wait until two seasons have passed before using completely different areas as models.

i highly doubt you've ever left the county you were born in...

same ole story, Ignorant people afraid of change, now Turd Slinger is accusing us of being west coast liberals because we want more weapons to kill deer with...i guess states like Texas must be liberal because of their tough stance on more gun laws, huh....

Turd Flinger, Grows to Much, and Spiker are grabbing at straws now :O

[*]Why do i need a new weapon to hunt deer with? The same reason i use a single shot blackpowder pistol, a challange! While you have your principled reason for keeping xbows out of bow season because you dont hold the weight and can have it pre-drawn. Remember Traditional archers hold the true weight of the draw! Compounds are up to 85 or 90% let off? I remember when that was cheating!!! And remember when to make pope and young record book the bow couldn't have more than 50%let off?? What about the release i'm sure 90% of archers use.. looks like a trigger is adjustable.. Cheating!!!Fiber optic and lighted sights.. Cheating!!!  For those of you that think your going to take a deer at 100 yards with a xbow.. your dilusional. Shoot one they drop like a stone! same as my arrow does now! The bow hunters of this state are trying to move bow season to start oct 1st. Is it fair to the gun hunters? that we deserve a longer season because a bow is so much harder? The inclusion of the crossbow into archery season is coming as sure as our deer population is expanding!  The name calling just makes more "fence sitters" who really don't care go to one side or another not because they are given informed facts and a rational discussion so they can support as an informed individual, but because they are sick of having a personal opinion jammed down their gullet!  The same as Ar's and Qdm.  If the majority want it do it!  The vocal whining minority can still use there morals and make their own rules for their own property!

• Why do i need a new weapon to hunt deer with? The same reason i use a single shot blackpowder pistol, a challange!

A)  That is a legal weapon.  The crossbow is ILLEGAL in bow season and would require new laws to become legal.

:O  A crossbow is LESS challenging, not more challenging.

Laws were changed to make compounds legal! And for a challange that is your opinion as well they aren't legal now so I know for a fact u have no experiance in harvesting game with one...  so let the individual decide on what would be a challange to them. Not tell them what is or isn't a challange in your opinion.

One should be out hunting instead of worrying about what others are doing... you can shoot any weapon from a vehicle.. so what? why should that matter when it comes to your hunting experience... I never see road hunters because I'm in the woods hunting instead of worrying about the bad peopole doing what they will always do... thats why we have encon officers and policemen... thee fact that some idiot might be using a crossbow illegally, or any other weapon for that matter is not a reason to refuse that weapon inclusion into hunting season.

Boy ...Right THERE that is the REAL problem...ppl like you that don't care that there are slob hunters...and that they are growing in numbers....You'd rather be on line bashing other hunters for having a real concern about the introduction of a weapon that would make things even easier for these same slobs to continue doing the illegal things that YOU don't care about....Don't get me going on the conservation officers and police officers taking care of the problem.....Just take a good look at the skewed numbers of conservation officers for down state compared to every place else ::O ...Ha.... lets talk about how many small town cops have gotten caught doing illegal hunting activities over the past 30yrs with slaps on the wrist.....complacent and naive hey?

Ive been around plenty myself, and the only reason people point out NYers is due to the way NYC used to be back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. In my experience, people are pretty much the same everywhere. The road hunters are no different in NY than in other states, go read up on the issues people talk about on other boards, Ive seen hunting shows on TV that show people road hunting on camera in other states.

Referencing people doing something illegal makes absolutely no difference, if they are going to shoot from the back of a truck, they have always been able to do so with a crossbow seeing as they are not and never have been illegal to own in NY. There are plenty of states that have had crossbows for more than 2 seasons.

See, that is what you guys do, the facts hit you in the face and then you find some way to try and make them less relevant.  ::O

Boy ...Right THERE that is the REAL problem...ppl like you that don't care that there are slob hunters...and that they are growing in numbers....You'd rather be on line bashing other hunters for having a real concern about the introduction of a weapon that would make things even easier for these same slobs to continue doing the illegal things that YOU don't care about....Don't get me going on the conservation officers and police officers taking care of the problem.....Just take a good look at the skewed numbers of conservation officers for down state compared to every place else ::O ...Ha.... lets talk about how many small town cops have gotten caught doing illegal hunting activities over the past 30yrs with slaps on the wrist.....complacent and naive hey?

Actually, seeing as the hunter numbers are shrinking, Id have to say the number of slob hunters are probably shrinking as well. Care to back yet another statement up with some numbers and facts?  :(

I agree that there are lots of slobs out there, they are in every season and use every style of weapon. Complain all you want about it, but the only thing that will make that number shrink would be better enforcement of the laws and stiffer penalties. What does that have to do with making crossbows legal?

I will deviate from my associates here.

I do not think legalizing crossbows will increase the percentage of slobs out there, nor do I feel like crossbow hunters will shoot every hunter that moves.

There is no direct threat from crossbows.  Crossbows are legitimate deer hunting tools, and they should have a place in the woods.

But....crossbows are not bows.  They are easier to learn than bows, and easier to use than bows.  They have a ballistic advantage over the typical bowhunting rig, and they are more accurate in the hands of average hunters than compounds.

Which means their place in the woods should not coincide with bows.

Crossbow hunters looking for the reward of additional challenge should appreciate their new gun season.  Crossbow hunters looking for their proper place should be looking for their own season.

Crossbow pushers, who divorce themselves from the ballistic and functional advantages of the crossbow, keep trying to force intrusion into bow season.

But crossbow does not equal bow.

Arrow, a well though out concise way to express your belief! I personally agree with you i would prefer to see a seperate season for them before or after regular bow doesn't bother me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    For the others you just don't want more hunters in the woods feeling that they would all be slobs.. that is just plain ignorant, a slob hunter will not put in the time and effort to get into effective range with a crossbow, i'm not saying they won't buy one, but either they will need to become better hunters, or they will give up and there will be lots of used x-bows for sale!