send letters for crossbows in NY

There is one fact you dont realize.You live in ny state and if they are going to give something they will get something.I think crossbow will have its own place in ny hunting seasons and there ofcourse will be a fee to get that tag.It will end up kinda like the late season in the southern zone where you have a week and you can use bow or muzzle.

There is one fact you dont realize.You live in ny state and if they are going to give something they will get something.I think crossbow will have its own place in ny hunting seasons and there ofcourse will be a fee to get that tag.It will end up kinda like the late season in the southern zone where you have a week and you can use bow or muzzle.

Of course you will have to buy an extra tag, theres no problem with that. If you dont want to hunt with a crossbow, then dont buy the tag, simple as that. If you havent noticed, NY is broke, which means DEC gets cut, and when they get cut, its bad for us as hunters. Another source of income for DEC is not a bad thing.

hunting is not "yours" or "mine", and it certainly doesnt belong to the New York Bowhunter assc.

NYB protects bowseason and bowhunters.  They are the collective voice of bowhunters in NY...whether you like it or not. :D

NYB tries to protect their own personal interests, not what most consider to be best for bowhunting or hunting in general. If they did, they would have more than a couple thousand members. They only like to think they speak for all bowhunters in NY, and they may have gotten away with that in the past. Now days, all one has to do is shoot an email to their representative, much more simple than sending a letter in the past. Now days, bowhunters can easily speak for themselves, and they are doing just that. Dont believe it? Refer back to the meetings last year about crossbows, where the reps clearly stated that the overwhelming majority of email and letters coming in favored crossbows. NYB is cutting their own throat with their anti-crossbow stance, they are showing their true colors. Its obvious that the majority doesnt agree.

hunting is not "yours" or "mine", and it certainly doesnt belong to the New York Bowhunter assc.

NYB protects bowseason and bowhunters.  They are the collective voice of bowhunters in NY...whether you like it or not. :D

NYB tries to protect their own personal interests, not what most consider to be best for bowhunting or hunting in general. If they did, they would have more than a couple thousand members. They only like to think they speak for all bowhunters in NY, and they may have gotten away with that in the past. Now days, all one has to do is shoot an email to their representative, much more simple than sending a letter in the past. Now days, bowhunters can easily speak for themselves, and they are doing just that. Dont believe it? Refer back to the meetings last year about crossbows, where the reps clearly stated that the overwhelming majority of email and letters coming in favored crossbows. NYB is cutting their own throat with their anti-crossbow stance, they are showing their true colors. Its obvious that the majority doesnt agree.

Great post!

See my signature - I'm not the only one that refuses to let them be my voice.

I find it ironic when guys get all indignant about the NYB and their stance on crossbows.

The truth is that NYB has done FAR more for physically disabled bowhunters than all of the crossbow pushing loudmouths put together.

The Physically Challenged  Committee was formed to assist those Physically Challenged hunters who thought that they would never again be able to bowhunt, to in fact enjoy our sport once again. The NYB Physically Challenged Committee has led the nation in developing innovative accessories and techniques which allows Physically Challenged hunters to legally bowhunt with modified archery equipment. The Physically Challenged Committee has helped numerous hunters from across New York State and the country to get back out into the outdoors to enjoy bowhunting once again. This list of hunters  includes paraplegics, quadriplegics, amputees, the blind and the deaf to name just a few. Many other hunters with various illnesses and diseases have also been helped by the committee.  For more information on available physical challenged equipment, please contact NYB or DEC, Hunter Education Dept. at 50 Wolf Rd., Albany,  NY 12233.  An informative video tape titled "ARCHERY: THE SPIRIT IS ALIVE" may be obtained for $21.95 from: The US Archer, 7315 N San Anna Drive, Tucson,  AZ 85704. The video highlights many of devices that are available to the physical challenged hunter.

Nobody is saying that NYB has not done some good things, but if you look deeper into the organization, you realize what their real deal is.

The point is that while everyone whines about crossbows, only NYB actually does something for those who need help.

I'll bet the vast majority of those who say they "need" a crossbow to continue to bowhunt, or return to bowhunting, could be helped by the equipment and the programs that NYB has put in place.

Perhaps they don't really want to bowhunt, after all......they just want to crossbow hunt?

Point is they shouldn't need the "help" and blessing of a self serving group representing 1% or less of the states bowhunters. Keep in mind this is 1% in spit of recuiting hundred's of new members every year. Has to be a reason they struggle to maintain a status quo membership level even with a lot of new members every year.

You and I both know that the percentage of hunters that are NYB members is not truly a referendum on the organization.

It is dishonest to insinuate that it is.....otherwise we would need to extend your logic to other orgs and say that most gun owners disagree with the NRA, for example.

Most hunters are too apathetic to join any organization.....but I am sure you know that.

Nobody is saying that NYB has not done some good things, but if you look deeper into the organization, you realize what their real deal is.

The point is that while everyone whines about crossbows, only NYB actually does something for those who need help.

I'll bet the vast majority of those who say they "need" a crossbow to continue to bowhunt, or return to bowhunting, could be helped by the equipment and the programs that NYB has put in place.

Perhaps they don't really want to bowhunt, after all......they just want to crossbow hunt?

so explain what the hell is wrong with someone who just wants to crossbow hunt????????man you live in a fog dude ;D ;D ;D

Some of the latest technology in X-bows ...... Even a 12 year old could cock this

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/parker-2011-concorde-1753-package-multi-reticle-scope-p-1867964.html

so what does it matter how it is cocked? i thought your biggest issue was that it is ALREADY cocked when game approaches????????hey i'm as strong as an OX, wether i kill a deer with a 100lb compound bow or a crossbow that is auto cocked whats the differance, do i have to prove my strenght to anyone when i hunt, is that what this is all about, you gotta have big enough muscles, ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Some of the latest technology in X-bows ...... Even a 12 year old could cock this

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/parker-2011-concorde-1753-package-multi-reticle-scope-p-1867964.html

so what does it matter how it is cocked? i thought your biggest issue was that it is ALREADY cocked when game approaches? ??? ??? ?hey i'm as strong as an OX, wether i kill a deer with a 100lb compound bow or a crossbow that is auto cocked whats the differance, do i have to prove my strenght to anyone when i hunt, is that what this is all about, you gotta have big enough muscles, ROTFLMAO!!!!!

It negates the "lack of a quick follow up shot" talking point, dum-dum.

so explain what the hell is wrong with someone who just wants to crossbow hunt? ??? ??? ?man you live in a fog dude ;D ;D ;D

Nothing.

You get to this year....during gun season.  Have a good time. :)

quite the contradition for a guy who boasts of the challenges of hunting with a compound bow??? i wont be hunting with a crossbow during gun season the same way you wouldnt waste your time hunting with your compound during gun season....But me and about 100 thousand other guys just like me will be killing "YOUR" deer during "YOUR" bow season with crossbows soon enough.

oh just wondering what are your plans when full inclusion finally happens in NY, will you just be giving up the sport or you just gonna put a gun in yer mouth? ??? ?? ;)

so what does it matter how it is cocked? i thought your biggest issue was that it is ALREADY cocked when game approaches? ??? ??? ?hey i'm as strong as an OX, wether i kill a deer with a 100lb compound bow or a crossbow that is auto cocked whats the differance, do i have to prove my strenght to anyone when i hunt, is that what this is all about, you gotta have big enough muscles, ROTFLMAO!!!!!

It negates the "lack of a quick follow up shot" talking point, dum-dum.

oh yea, a quick follow up shot with a crossbow that is mechanically cocked by the use of a c02 cartridge???i'm sure that is going to be totally silent Einstein ???