send letters for crossbows in NY

So when Fred Bear and others sought to take some of the traditional gun seasons for bow, they where outlaws?

Did they claim they were being discriminated against?

BTW...where were you crossbowers then?  They have been aroud for "thousands of years" after all.

LMAO. ;D

I  am serious. You were the one that said folks trying to change an  activity thatis illegal into an into a legal activity is an outlaw ..  the actual activity should not mater unless your view is microscopic and  selfserving.

Comparing a crossbower's "plight" to civil rights.....equalty for all human beings...is beyond stupid.

Reality check, dude. ::)

Reality check, "dude", thats not what hes comparing. Hes using it as an  analogy. If you dont know what an analogy is, you can do a quick google  search and find out.

I would like to state that I am a bow hunter and have no intention of buying a cross-bow.

I have a friend who has MS; so I decided to do some research into the cross-bow issue and statements made by the NYB, instead of blindly following the NYB.

The first statement made by the NYB is. “A cross-bow is not a bow”. I thought that could be subjective, but there had to be a definition somewhere. I looked up the definition of a cross-bow in the Webster Dictionary and found that a CROSS-BOW IS A BOW!

The next statement made by the NYB is,” it doesn’t take as much skill to shoot a cross-bow”. What the hell does that mean? Is that supposed to be bad? I would rather see someone with limited practice. Who can shoot a cross-bow well, than the guy who takes out his bow a week before the season, and then wonders why he lost 2 or 3 deer? ( that has happen look at the bow hunting thead)

These two next statements are really good.” A cross- bow shoots faster than a compound bow”. That’s not true. Just look at the 2011 Mathews catalog they have bows that shoot just as fast on 1/3 the draw weight. This one is a good one.” Cross-bow can shoot 1” group a 100yd’s”. I’m not going to say it can’t be done, but there are some factors that have to be taken into consideration first. The first of these factors is Gravity. A bow or cross-bow with a 400gr. Arrow going 350fps and sighted in for 25yds will drop about 8.7ft at 100yds... If you sight in for 100yds the bow or cross-bow would be useless for anything less than 70yds. Then can you kill anything that far? If you can’t then it doesn’t matter how good the group is. Then there is the wind. An arrow has a big surface area it won’t take much wind to blow it off target.

I found that most of the statements made by the NYB were either not true or only half truths. They claim to represent all bow hunters, but I don’t think they do!

My friend is never going to climb into a tree stand again and a draw lock doesn’t work for him. A cross-bow may not work for him but he deserves the opportunity to try one if he wants.

I have to admit I have limited experience with a cross-bow. I have only shot one once and found it to be heavy and cumbersome and noisy. To me it is more of a novelty. I’m not going to put 500 to 800 dollars down on one. The only advantage I can see is that it may be a more stable platform then a bow. 

When the cross-bow comes to the archery season; the blame for the use of cross-bow in the archery season should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the origination that claims to represent all bow hunters. The NYB is taking a no cross-bow no-way for any reason stand. They made it possible for the pro cross-bow forces to get almost everything in time they want, because the NYB made themselves look like elitist spoiled children. The NYB could have help craft a law that would have loosened the handicap restriction and maybe put in an age requirement. Let’s hope when cross –bows comes to the archery season those wanting to use cross-bows in the archery season will have to take the bow hunters course.

Beyond stupid only to you... because it's your only argument against it... try to have a bit more substance in your replies in this thread.. its easier to debate... "ROFL"... is not an adult reply... it is an evasion do to lack of a good argument...

You honestly believe that adding crossbows is as important as civil rights?

LMFAO

It had nothing to do with being as important... it was a point to what you said about being an outlaw based on an opinion one has about crossbows in bowseason... the analogy was a good one and showed the absurdity of the outlaw statement statement.. nothing more... you have your opinion, I just don't agree with your argument that because someone likes the idea of crossbows in bowseason they are lazy or an outlaw...

I thought I was speaking French.....I am glad you guys understood. At least I have a clear understanding of Arrows true position. He can protest all he wants and make his claim based on his principles.....but it is clear he has none and is driven purely by his fear of others impact on his deer...

By his own admission he has no desire to change things he sees as wrong...is all too willing to impose his views on others and stands for nothing other than his selfish interests...looks like a poster child for what is wrong with this country......no heart

I am serious. You were the one that said folks trying to change an activity thatis illegal into an into a legal activity is an outlaw .. the actual activity should not mater unless your view is microscopic and selfserving.

Comparing a crossbower's "plight" to civil rights.....equalty for all human beings...is beyond stupid.

Reality check, dude. ::)

sounds like a liberal trying divert the debate to something he's much better at arguing about, womens rights :D 

I thought I was speaking French.....I am glad you guys understood. At least I have a clear understanding of Arrows true position. He can protest all he wants and make his claim based on his principles.....but it is clear he has none and is driven purely by his fear of others impact on his deer...

By his own admission he has no desire to change things he sees as wrong...is all too willing to impose his views on others and stands for nothing other than his selfish interests...looks like a poster child for what is wrong with this country......no heart

How dare you be so arrogant as to speak for me?

You cannot assign me a motive. 

It is just as simple for me to assign a motive for you.

Any one who supports crossbows is just looking for additional advantage, an easier way to kill a deer, just trying to up the odds in their favor.

They do not give a crap about Fair Chase.  They do not give a crap about the history and traditions of bowhunting.

They are just doing everything they can to make the challenge of killing a deer tilt their way.

They all must be completely incompetent bowhunters....or too lazy to even attempt it.

Been said before, but bears repeating when the "just want it easier" false logic pops up - effectively dismisses in it a non closed mind.

Any one who supports COMPOUNDS is just looking for additional advantage, an easier way to kill a deer, just trying to up the odds in their favor.

They do not give a crap about Fair Chase.  They do not give a crap about the history and traditions of bowhunting.

They are just doing everything they can to make the challenge of killing a deer tilt their way.

They all must be completely incompetent bowhunters....or too lazy to even attempt shooting the bows that started the bow seasons - the real tradition.

Or they simply want to deer hunt with another impliment.....who started assigning motive in this thread? Seems to me it was you.

I just call them like I see them. As I have started before...I have nointerest in using one at this point. They are not what they are cracked up to be.......but should I turn that into a crusade to limit other hunters choices....I don't believe in that......guess it is just fundamental beleif differences Arrow

The false logic is replacing compounds for crossbows.

Compounds are legal.

Compounds are part of the definition of "bow" in NYS.

Compounds are hand held and hand drawn.

Compounds require the same process to shoot as trad bows.

Crossbows share none of these attributes....aplles and oranges.

Your point is totally irrelevant.