Bit/stung....again

wooly

Well, it's that time of year again! Everything and anything out there with fangs or a stinger wants to sink them into me and have a little taste.

Last week at sisses, while ten feet up a ladder, with a pole chainsaw 10 feet over my head, I had a quarter sized spider fall into my boot and take a bite of my ankle. It immediately felt like someone dropped a hot ciggarette butt on my skin. Fortunately, under the circumstances, I made a safe trip back to ground level and shook the little sucker outta my boot and watched him crawl away after a few pics. The pain lasted for about an hour, so not so bad.

Today while in the home stretch of my hike I get blasted again in the same spot but on my other foot. This one felt like I'd been shot!

I started swatting before I could get a good look at the hungry bugger and figured I'd just walk it off as usual. All I know is it looked yellow.

Here I sit almost 8hrs later and my ankle is still THROBBING and swollen... a reaction I've never had up to this point with any insect.

I don't know what the heck got me, but I'm about ready to cut it open and suck out the venom before it spreads to my trigger finger. I'm just hoping it wasn't one of those NYDEC scorpion transplants they released to control the exploding terrantula population.

Is it October 1'st yet????????

Dang man you have some bad luck!! I always swell up worse with stings on my lower extremeties. If I get stung on my calf it swells up twice as bad as anywhere else. I still have a hole where I got stung by a hornet a month and a half ago on my calf. Tho I have to say stepping on one with bare feet is ten times worse. I stepped on a honey bee out in the yrd one day and I wanted to saw my leg off it hurt so bad. I find that putting ice on it stops alot of the pain.

September is notorious for me for getting stung by ground nesting yellow jackets, while giving the plots their last mowing. Actually, last Sept, I got stung 30+ times as I disturbed 3 different nests! That sucked!! I'm skipping mowing this Sept, as I started having flashbacks of last Sept, and don't think the plots looks "that bad"....

Don't recall ever being bitten by a spider. Hope the bite has eased up for you!

I'd call a doctor and let them know what happened...give a pic of the spider and ask.... iF you weren't allergic before...what are the chances of becoming allergic to such a bite in the future and how serious could the next reaction be? Likre bee stings ... a person can have a normal reaction after a few encounters then on the next one a very bad medical attention needed immediately reaction from then on....Does Not Hurt To Ask...Be safe

I got bit about a week and a half ago. I felt something bite my elbow so I swated at it and it bit me again. This time I smacked my elbow to have the spider fall onto my shirt. Must say that my bite was nothing like yours though (Wooly). Mine just itched for about a half an hour and got a little red. It appeared to be a little garden spider. I did however report it to my chief as I was working at the time incase I fell over dead.

However I am going to have to agree with (Growalot) on this one. You should have probably had it looked at by medical personnel.

I was down in Charlotte working at a new location for my company a few weeks back. I am managing the construction and all of that. I am in the warehouse and go to pick up a box of trim molding and just catch something move near my hand and drop it. Over come on of my guys a local and there are two quarter size spiders there. He is oh yea those are nasty. They were brown recluse spiders, two inches from my hand. The next week my security guy running wire runs into a black widow and later another recluse. Could not get back to NY fast enough! On my way back down next week though.

Last summer I was bent over, pulling weeds in front of my house when a yellow jacket started to buzz me. I swatted at it in kind of a downward motion and it flew into the front collar of my shirt. It was stuck between me and my shirt. I tried to grab it and squeeze it in my shirt but it stung me right between the tee's.

The very next day I putzing around in the garage with both doors open. I took a big swig of my cold beer and felt something ,other than beer, in my mouth. Before I could spit it out I felt the tip of my tongue catch fire. it was another yellow jacket that made it's way into my beer can. No respect.

Ouch! that is plain wrong!

The dog found a ground nest Sunday afternoon. I was catchin up on some football and all the sudden I hear my daughter start screaming outside. Kids runnin all over dog as well. Get dog in the house. Jackets are comin out of her fur. She was not a happy dog. Hid in the closet and under the desk the rest of the night. I located the nest today so tonight they will be feeling a little burn them selves when I cook their a$$e$.

I remeber two occassions where I got nailed by bee's while riding a motorcycle, first one got down in my shirt and stung the crap out of me and the other went into the open visor of my helmet. It sure is hard to swat and maintain control of a motorcycle at the same time..hehe Glad I don't have to worry about that happening more. Might be the best thing about not owning one..lol

Wooly, quick go see if you can fly or swing from a building with a web you might have been bit by the same spider that got spider man!

Odd you should mention that...

I sat on the crapper today and a long silky rope shot out my azz! :fie:

Went out to hang a stand this morning and climbed right up the tree trunk without installing any steps.... B)

Stopped for lunch at the restaurant in town and found a fly in my soup...... It wasn't half bad. :spiteful:

• Like 2

Odd you should mention that...

I sat on the crapper today and a long silky rope shot out my azz! :fie:

Went out to hang a stand this morning and climbed right up the tree trunk without installing any steps.... B)

Stopped for lunch at the restaurant in town and found a fly in my soup...... It wasn't half bad. :spiteful:

Hahaha...

A few weeks ago,we found a little crack in the cabin where bee's were entering.We waited till dark and sprayed them. Well the next day I was on the porch just below the area,and a single bee was flying around me,I swatted at it and it flew away from me....only to turn a round and come right at me and nail me right betwixt the lookers.Sum beach! both eyes swelled up and my eyes actually hurt.

2 weeks later,which was this last weekend,I'm under the cabin on my back , with nowhere to "run" and look down at my feet and guess what,yep,ground bee nest and a swarm at the hole. The wife said I never toched the ground on the way out. They all met death before daylight.

Ouch! that is plain wrong!

The dog found a ground nest Sunday afternoon. I was catchin up on some football and all the sudden I hear my daughter start screaming outside. Kids runnin all over dog as well. Get dog in the house. Jackets are comin out of her fur. She was not a happy dog. Hid in the closet and under the desk the rest of the night. I located the nest today so tonight they will be feeling a little burn them selves when I cook their a$$e$.

Want a better solution if you haven't burned them out? Tried this several times over the years and works great. Take a large pyrex clear bowl at dusk and place over the hole tightly. Within 2 days the nest will be dead. They come out into the bowl and think they are out side and the heat of the day cooks them. In 2 or 3 days the entire hive will be stacked on top of one another like a death camp.

• Like 1

I was standing on my friends porch last summer looking up at the peak of his house where a white faced hornet nest was. It was about 20 ft up. We are standing there looking at it and talking when my other friend comes out and slams the door. Well the big old gaurd hornet as big as my thumb dropped like a rock straight down onto my nose and wrapped his legs in a death grip around the inside of my nose and stung me three times at the base of my nose and lip. It happend so fast no one knew what was going on including me, till it stung me. My whole face swelled up and my eyes swelled shut. But I didnt have problems breathing so I didnt go to the hospital. Just put some ice on it and the swelling went down after a few hrs. But man did my face hurt for about a week.

Want a better solution if you haven't burned them out? Tried this several times over the years and works great. Take a large pyrex clear bowl at dusk and place over the hole tightly. Within 2 days the nest will be dead. They come out into the bowl and think they are out side and the heat of the day cooks them. In 2 or 3 days the entire hive will be stacked on top of one another like a death camp.

Already fried this one but I will have to try that. Make em suffer!!

When I was a little kid, 6 or 7, I remember we had a nest of bees between the ground and a stone wall that was in our yard. I decided to kill them by pouring a small bucket of water down their hole, after my squirt gun proved to be useless on them. Long story short I ended up running into the side door of our house, covered in bees and screaming. I don't know what hurt worse, the bee stings or the welts all over my back, neck, head and shoulders from my mother beating the bees off of me with her shoe! The good old days.