Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Ha ha he is a shooter in my book. See one like that about once a year. So I take the opportunity. Good luck on the 20 pointer.

Prob a shooter in alot of books, but i bust my butt with plots and trails and scouting and stands and mainly qdm to arrow a youngster with that much potential. I usually wait till after season to post my hitlist bucks, but to justify my reasons for passing him, here is my "20" pt. Saw him opening night, this is my second time in the woods so i know we will cross paths again....

2012-09-18_17-31-29_704.jpg

No action this morning cept a doe and two fawns far out. Quiet out here though. Heard some grunting before too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I have noticed the bucks seem to be in an early chase/ lockdown phase, havent heard any grunts yet so my tube will stay in my pouch along with my magical doe pee....

• Like 1

Lol. I almost got hit by a falling walnut

Don't be getting beaned by one of those things. Last year I got nailed with a hickory nut that must have come all the way from the top of the tree and it had me seeing stars. I can't imagine what it would be like to get nailed in the head with a walnut.

Don't be getting beaned by one of those things. Last year I got nailed with a hickory nut that must have come all the way from the top of the tree and it had me seeing stars. I can't imagine what it would be like to get nailed in the head with a walnut.

Thats the risk I take in this stand. Had one hit my leg once. Didnt feel too great.

Having a great time even though i have not see a thing. Upper 60's and the wind is just below my scared shitless in the tree threshold. Hopefully something will move but honestly could care less. Love the quiet. New Croton watershed in westchester.