Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Somebodys havin straps tonight!! Nice!! My night ended watching a doe for bout 45 min in the food plot, as she walked away i caught a glimpse of #1 hitlist buck who must have decided to stay back in the thick stuff....at least its first day not last day of season. You dont get to be 5yrs + old by being dumb. He will slip up, and i will arrow him. This is his year to die

• Like 1

Live from the truck.....rainy and 53....gonna go to work ..... no 4 month layoff this year! :(

I think most if us will agree, having work and missing hunting is better than having time to hunt, but missing a paycheck.

Good luck this weekend Tree.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by JonathanStrange

I always feel left out of this thread because there is no cell service any where that I hunt. :(

Probably a good thing tho. I could picture myself drawing on a nice buck and having my phone ring...

Edited by SteveNY

Sat all day from 645-7 yesterday, doe in the am and a Doe at 620 that I drew back on but she had a lil one following so I let it go (bad jiu jiu) they bedded 20 yards from my stand and didn't move until 650. Work today back at it this afternoon

I married well, the wife is on the way home to release me back into the woods. Hopefully the rain will hold off, calling for on-and-off drizzle with a chance for a shower right at the magic hour, d-Oh!

Edited by 7J Everyday

Back home on LI. Sat out this morning from 6:30 till 10 and saw nothing! Not even a chipmunk. Although I did make friends with a little field mouse who joined me in my ground blind who I named "Sheldon". Hoping to head back up next weekend with my son.

- Jordan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveNY,Funny you should mention that,several years ago I was sitting in my stand from sun up to about noon,with out seeing a single living thing ,When a nice bear came strolling through,As I was about to fire,My cell phone goes off.The bear pauses for a moment on full alert.long story short,the phone stops ringing in my pocket,the bear continues walking and I drop it.Turns out,the call was a wrong number!.I have the picture and story in the bear section.

• Like 1

Im stuck in Manhattan at work and its killing me not being in the woods, first time since i was 12 tgat i havnt been hunting opening week.... getting out to long island this week end. Any one hunting the hamptons? Trying to see if anyone is seeing anything...

Im stuck in Manhattan at work and its killing me not being in the woods, first time since i was 12 tgat i havnt been hunting opening week.... getting out to long island this week end. Any one hunting the hamptons? Trying to see if anyone is seeing anything...

hunting the hamptons!! lol they do not let people like me there!! jk

• Like 2