Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Im stuck in Manhattan at work and its killing me not being in the woods, first time since i was 12 tgat i havnt been hunting opening week.... getting out to long island this week end. Any one hunting the hamptons? Trying to see if anyone is seeing anything...

Hey maybe Lindsey Lohan will be out there! LOL. But seriously good luck hunting out there. I hear there are some big bruisers in the hamptons.

- Jordan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My father grew up in the Hamptons, dead broke poor. All this rich and famous nonsense is pretty new. All my aunts and uncles live out there still and no, they are not filthy rich.

A lot of you guys have a bad misconception of the Hamptons.

and yes, there are some BIG deer out there.

Got out for a soggy afternoon hunt. It was just drizzling when I went out. Kicked up a doe. Then it started pouring... Soaked down to my underwear (but my feet were dry, thank god!). 1 and a half hour ride home... good thing I had a towel and some other clothes to out on in the truck.

Not sure when the next time ill be able to get back out there is going to be... Back to work tomorrow, weekend is looking tied up with the GF. Maybe I can sneak out Friday night and do some predator calling... or maybe a early hunt on Saturday morning, that would be nice.

Tried my new oak stand yesterday at 1pm...nothing til 5:30, then I miss one clean over the top at 15 yards...huge doe came in on me quick, no chance to stand had to shoot seated....glad I missed clean, still can't believe I missed at all.

Got back in the tree after checking the arrow, totally clean, broad head in a stump. Decided to get down at 630 since warm rain was coming didn't want to wound anything late...

...soon as I lowered my bow a decent 6-8 walks right into my best lane, busted me trying to haul it back up....arghhhhh!

Back in the same stand since 530, saw a doe in the distance at 715. Rainy and warm on my way in. Foggy now with on and off drizzle...got to head in for daddy daycare soon .

Edited by 7J Everyday

Went out this morning. Warm around 55 or so. Drizzling rain turned to all out rain. Tries some calls and got no responce. Left the woods a little before 9. I did see a small 60 pounder on the roadside heading into the woods on the ride home. Good thing there is 6 weeks of bow left.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately since I live in NC now I won't be bow hunting in NY. I will be up for the Gun Opener for almost 3 weeks. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck and be safe this season ! Shoot Str8 boys and girls and leave me a nice buck !

• Like 1