Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Morning was fun even with the fog. Now its raining. Have the umbrella up worts sweet!

Here is what my view looks like.

Only thing that was in bow range was a button buck and a fawn. The two big does were 40+ out :(

It feels like its actually cooling off a little from the morning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

post-2-13493533802644_thumb.jpg

My "true talker" grunt tube.. I had on my ghillie suit and thought he had me busted in the field at about 100 yards because I had just jumped him and another buck just before that.. thought I'd mess with him so I grunted once and he started walking to me in the field and stopped about 25 yards away looking at me. I could have killed him... but he was so stupid I would be afraid to eat the meat...LOL

Made some mistakes this aft and learned a valuable lesson. Don't hunt the deep woods stand early in season when its hott and no wind. Came in late but figured i would get to a stand i hing over a scrape last week that i had gotten two or three nice bucks on trailcam. Well i spooked three deer on way in. I believe all were bucks. One bedded down right off trail another midway up a ridge and a third was bedded down in front of my stand. Could make out his antlers as he was bounding away. Dohhh. Well i was sweating by time i got to stand. Doubt ill see jack. Gonna have to let this stand be for a while after tn

Nice doe Pat.

I sat at the dining room window this morning and passed on a Y-buck at 10 yds, he was with a doe and had she wandered down into my lane I would have taken a shot at her.

If I don't fill any tags by gun season that lil buck is freezer meat.

Heading back out to the #1 AM stand tomorrow...should be in by 5:30...had a lot of action so far, I need a clean kill and some freezer cargo so I can relax though.

Back to PA tomorrow night for all-day hunt at the cabin Saturday, really would love to bring some ultrafresh 7J tenderloins down for that.

In at 530 mild clear and a light breeze.

Just saw what I believe the same 2 doe from monday morning almost the same time same line just a bit further away...nice big bodied doe up front followed by her very good sized fawn...I'll try for either if they comeback around.

So I'm sitting in my stand in westchester and just heard two gunshots, seriously what the hell is wrong with people I'm on dep land that does not allow an guns at all. These shots were very close had to be 200 yards max..... Oh yea and I have seen no deer all morning ????