Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

it was crunch crunch crunch all the way in...dang!...I heard deer moving away...hoped they'd do what they did the other morning...nope!...at 6:25 shots started over in 8M....then around me at 6:45....by 7:05 when time was to start at least a dozen shots...I stopped counting.........just at start time I see deer moving from neighbors on to us, good...they get behind some pines and I'm at the ready....slam! bang! Aauuuughh....... Mr B. is getting ready to leave for camp...again...his dad left his hunting boots at home back in Avon ...look to see all the deer trotting away through the slashings...fine ...he leaves ...It's 8:30 and ppl are yelling and engines roaring then I hear loud crunching...and the neighbor is driving the gator through the field rt in front of me and head my way...I'm 200ft in off the edge of our woods...then hangs a lft and drives the entire property line....then a car from the lease camp starts going up and down the hill slowly and turning around....lease guys looking to see where I am..then they drive back to their camp...If it wasn't so sad It would be laughable....came in at 10 for a rest stop....

Get up on stand see orange hat wtf think he is on our property, it don't have time to get down and interrogate him , bang bang war zone all around, 8 watch him stand and shoot, bang shoots again think he killed something, 8:20 dead quiet, hope the fun and games is over, haven't seen anything, maybe they killed all the deer, 11:16 going to take nap in stand see what happens, isn't starting off too good lol

Edited by WNYBuckHunter

Was having lunch...boys started barking(good boys...got a nice treat)...orange down around the chicken coop...WTH...get coat and vest on...the lease guys...95yrd shot on a doe...thinks hit ...no blood...Talked a bit about calling...calmed them down a bit...got phone #'s exchanged...told them good luck...was going to hunt that part of property this afternoon...not looking so good now ...Just a great opening day!...The one has the 8pt I missed during archery...shot him this morning...Well one buck tag used think he mentioned a 4pt down as well...no other shots so far...headed out in a bit

Mostly quiet in 4A... story to tell though.

Shot a nice 6pt that had been very badly shot. A Guy on a ridge behind me shot him, broke his back near where it meets the pelvis. The damn deer was trying so hard the get up and run, but could only drag himself 10-15 yards then catch its breath and try again and again. Then he started bleating! I had enough and shot him. The other guy took the deer.

• Like 2

Mostly quiet in 4A... story to tell though.

Shot a nice 6pt that had been very badly shot. A Guy on a ridge behind me shot him, broke his back near where it meets the pelvis. The damn deer was trying so hard the get up and run, but could only drag himself 10-15 yards then catch its breath and try again and again. Then he started bleating! I had enough and shot him. The other guy took the deer.

Good idea, it was the right thing to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

• Like 1

Back for the afternoon hunt, went to three spots and orange everywhere ... The fourth I sat down for bout a half hour and didn't like it, turned around n some old guy was 40 yds behind me never saw him walkin in. Didn't even bother to tell me he was there. I know he had to have heard me come in... So all out of options for right now so I threw a dart at the map... Not Optomistic for this evening...

Saw a small buck chasing a doe about 150 out couldn't get them closer around 3 pm, 330 a lone doe snuck pass me caught her just as she started going over the hill into the pines. Buddy of mine shot a deer this afternoon donno what it is yet

One doe down. Wasn't any fun cleaning her in the dark (my son took my flashlight out of my pack) but she's clean and out of the woods. Hope to run into her old man in the AM.

Saw 12 deer today and a busy fox, on and off, trough out the day.

Just walk out side with the spotlight in hand and wouldn't you know it, 11 of them on the side yard. Wish I saw them in clusters like that in the woods.

• Like 1

Went out to area they had been looking for the wounded doe...Sat and saw nothing...decided to continue sit after hours to see if any thing was moving through the area...shots had rang out in 5 different areas in front of me this afternoon...some pretty darn close...one guy just unloaded his gun...another nearly then 10 min later I hear a bang...had to be there... sounded like a kill shot....Any who about 5:30pm a doe and triplets walked right under my stand...had to wait until 5:45 to leave...still managed to walk right into them on the way out...at least it was dark enough they never snorted just ran.....no bucks tagging behind like the last few encounters with them at the same spot... :( ..tomorrows another day....

Back in my stand where i shot my doe yesterday morning. There are two 8pts roaming. Im hoping one presents a shot. Its cold, frosty and no wind at all. Treestand steps had frost on them. Be careful climbing. Lost my footing on one step but caught myself. Now settled in and strapped to tree. Come on big boys! Show yourselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk