Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Let's hope day 2 is better than day 1! Went out yesterday afternoon, trying to get to my spot. Jump out of the truck, throw my orange on, grab the rifle, and start heading in. I get 30 yards down by the creek, standing on a rock, I chamber a round. Go to take a step (the same damn stones ive been jumping across for 20 years!), and SPLASH!!!! Face first in a foot of what fell like glacier water.. No idea what happened, but i soaked myself, and my pride and joy of a weapon. I spent the last daylight hours yesterday tearing my gun apart, drying and oiling the best i could, and i had to leave my optics in front of a fan all night with the batteries out. Everything is together, works, etc. Got a late start to the morning, but trail-cam photos lead me to believe that my best chance for this moose-of a doe will be closer to 3-4 this afternoon. Ugh.. Here goes nothin!!

Shot a 7 pt at 50 yds and he stumbled 7 yds and dropped. Then my rifle falls from stand and the rear stock snaps off. But i dont care. Hes the biggest buck i shot!post-1257-13532433722397_thumb.jpg

Nice one Thug, congrats. You better fix that gun the ladies are waiting :-)

I'm stand about 45 minutes now. Birds just waking up. Almost hit a doe with the car about 200 yards from where i park. To bad no doe tag because she's going rightnear my stand. Then at the base of the ladder had an owl or some large bird poop on me before i climbed up... Maybe get lucky from that :P see of the does boyfriend comes by

Just had 4 deer come barreling at me from theto of the hill 3 confirmed dies and the forth idk about.. Heard no gun shots. The 3 does came first then the 4th 4th had its head down think it was a buck but they came in and left to fast to tell.. No doe tag. Hopefully out was a buck and he turns back around

Had a spike come up from behind me this morning at 8:30am in Putnam County... One shot from my Remington 1100 20ga and we have venison on the table! Time to give thanks!!! Got help loading him onto my car from some good guys in the parking area. On my way to Amato's in Somers as soon as my son gets home from HS. That's 2 years in a row for me on the Monday after opening weekend... Gonna be hard for me to keep my son in school next year - - he's already complaining! Last year I got a forkhorn from the same spot and it took me 3 hours to drag him out. I immediately invested in a deer cart. It more than paid dividends today as it took me less than an hour to get this guy out.

• Like 1