Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Apparently 649 comes sooner to others than the clock. 3 shots already smh

You must be hunting Lockwood lol.. Just had 3 go off and as i toe this another went off.. Bullshitpeople can't wait 15 more minutes... I'm tempted to call dec right now

Edited by danc0320

I have 3 stands set up along the edge of woods/cut corn field from patterning their travels based on routes / time of day.

sitting in the morning stand, watched 3 doe come out of the standing corn next field over and walk within 30 yards of the evening stand heading for the pines.

A few shots heard before sun-up, but for the most part quiet. I can remember 10-15 years ago shooting all morning.

Neighbors have a domestic turkey who keeps reminding me of spring turkey season. Unfortunatly, I think his days are numbered, and after Thursday I won't be hearing him anymore.

Good luck to everyone out there and be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

FINALLY!!!!! mission accomplished. 7:18 i finally seen what i was hearing for 15 minutes. thought for sure it was a doe until he got about 55-60 yards and put the gun on it and found horns. Little bastard didn't want to die even with a 165 grain game king out of a .308 in his chest but went down on the 2nd shot at 85 yards. Nothing major, just a 3 point but with no luck during archery, he will fill the freezer nicely

I got out in the woods nice and early this morning...next thing you know I had 3 other people withing 150 yds of me. I was smack dab in the middle of them and didn't like the thought of getting shot so I was back in my truck by 7:15. Sitting home driking coffee now. Sounds like a fricken warzone!!! First shots of the morning were 6:23. Someone is blazing away across the road as I type this. Now someone behind the house is letting loose...

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1

Got in my favorite stand nice and early, settled in and took my hour nap as I waited for the sun the rise. At 6:30 I get a text from the wife that says our youngest is puking and has diarrhea. Told her I would be back at 7:30 to help out (1/2) mile walk to my stand. Just packed up and was ready to unload the gun when I heard rustling in leaves. Look up through the wall of fog and make out a deer 40 yards away. Perfect! Put the scope on it, flat head, even better. Turn off safe and squeeze...click! She trotted off. Dumbass...shoots better with bullet in chamber. Oh well. She wasn't spooked at least.

• Like 1

She came out with her girlfriend about 7:15. They walked around for about 1/2 hr. I was waiting to see if their boyfriend would come out but he didn't so after she presented a broadside shot at about 100 yds. I put the crosshairs on her and squeezed the trigger. She ran maybe 20 yds and dropped. The picture shows the exit hole. This afternoon im going for the boyfriend. post-1257-13531614211955_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Started off to be a good morning!! Got up on the hill, passed up a few doe before legal hours (sounded like Vietnam all around me tho :/) After 2 hours, I couldn't feel my toes. Waited another hour before i decided to get moving. Upon getting home (not quite 5 minutes away), I found 4 ticks on my clothes, and one attached to my arm, prompting me to strip and throw everything in the washer, and take a hot shower.. I'll be heading to a different spot as soon as my stuff is dry... smh