Lack of Bucks on Camera??

Lawdwaz

I checked three cameras yesteday, all three were low on buck pics. I let the them soak two weeks and to come up basically empty is odd. Plenty of doe & fawn, coyote, fox, skunk, coon, squirrel etc. but only a couple little bucks.

No reason (gulp) to panic yet. Some logging very close to one set could be effecting that spot, a serious lack of apples is killing another setup. The last spot, I can't formulate a reason for the lack-o-bucks.

No biggie, I'll probably crack a hog anyway. <grin>

I almost never get any buck on cams but once the bachelor groups start breaking up and they expand their territories I see all kinds of buck...but as you have seen on posted pics...the "girls" hang out on our place and we have a few staging areas that are used every single year...

Makes it more exciting...for I never know what is going to show up....

Edited by growalot

This cool weather has them moving big time...the bear as well...Went to sons last night and it was stop and go the whole way with a bear running down a culvert ditch at one point....made me a bit leery getting out of the van in the dark at his place....they've come home a few times to find a momma and cubs just sitting in the drive way...There are a lot of doe with triplets out there this year.....

been a tough month for trail cams i had several shooter on trail cams last year not much this year. I hate to say have taken way to many coyote pics this year, not what one wants to see. I do believe this has affected the deer movement in my hunting area. I will shoot them if given a chance. Strange think this morning 3 small fawns with spots feeding on their mother, I am a little shocked to see such small deer this time of year.

my mature buck pictures are down again for a second year. Not sure why? All things have stayed constant.

I know how you feel. Overall, I had a pretty poor summer trail cam season. I did get some good pics of some good bucks, but I saw far more with the binos/spotlight than what I had show up on my SD cards...