Africa was AMAZING!!!!

Grizz1219

It was actually a 30-06.... She shot it a lot better than mine, less recoil and noise... so we took that out after the Blesbok...

How much did the supressor muffle the blast ? What would you compare it to ?

I realize that it is not like on TV or the movies, where surpressed centerfires sound like a daisy BB gun.. <<grin>>....

• 1 year later...

Just so you know

These people are using your lovely wedding photo probably without your permission. pretty sure you can go to Facebook and make them take it down for using your photo with out permissions

https://www.facebook.com/199685603444685/photos/a.204117543001491.53024.199685603444685/666608660085708/?type=1&comment_id=667490433330864&notif_t=like

Edited by Conductive

Just so you know

These people are using your lovely wedding photo probably without your permission. pretty sure you can go to Facebook and make them take it down for using your photo with out permissions

https://www.facebook.com/199685603444685/photos/a.204117543001491.53024.199685603444685/666608660085708/?type=1&comment_id=667490433330864&notif_t=like

Oh boy.  Issue a DMCA notice to them immediately to this BS organization as well as facebook, the picture will come down.  Thats a shame after reading some of those comments. 

You can use this link to report it as well -> https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/208282075858952 and you can also do it through the image itself by clicking on the "I do not like this photo" link.

Paula, on 09 Jun 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:Paula, on 09 Jun 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

How did you know it was the same person/couple? odd that you know that

A quick search will turn up that the posted link is not the only place on facebook where this image is used.

Once you post something on the net....facebook.photobucket,forums.....its out there one way or the other and its hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

Hey Grizz.......just got back from third trip and Africa is STILL amazing. Hope you are going back as you planned this year.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 2

A quick search will turn up that the posted link is not the only place on facebook where this image is used.

Once you post something on the net....facebook.photobucket,forums.....its out there one way or the other and its hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

Hey Grizz.......just got back from third trip and Africa is STILL amazing. Hope you are going back as you planned this year.

I am going in August!!!! 7 animals on the list...

And even if things aren't deleted... I've learned to ignore people that have "issues"..

• Like 2

No puedo creer que hay gente que disfruta de la matanza de animales, son las peores en el mundo, afectando a animales inocentes pobres sólo por diversión. Hay miles de deportes, etc, y se centran en el juego. Actuar con inteligencia, no matar animales. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Edited by burmjohn

No puedo creer que hay gente que disfruta de la matanza de animales, son las peores en el mundo, afectando a animales inocentes pobres sólo por diversión. Hay miles de deportes, etc, y se centran en el juego. Actuar con inteligencia, no matar animales. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

No eres bienvenido aquí

Edited and removed curses... That makes the 4th nut job nuked today.  If anyone else wants to reply to the above person use:

Email: [email protected]

IP Address: 181.66.41.233

• Like 1

Hello everyone. As you know, the photos from this thread have gone viral. They shouldn't have, but as someone mentioned earlier in the discussion, anything on the internet once out there stays out there, and for a while.

My first reaction is to be sanctimonious about how beautiful wild animals were just slaughtered by metallic slugs during a wedding trip. But I'm friends and colleagues with several hunters, and as an astute commenter actually wrote on Facebook, they're amazingly not the demons ignorant posters are currently condemning them to be sight unseen. In fact, they're less different from the sanctimonious condemners than the latter are probably willing to admit (something I don't have to tell the members here).

Would I go shooting wild game? No, I anthropomorphize inanimate objects, for goodness' sake, so you know how I stand re animals. But what this couple replies is also true: being ambushed by a pride of lions & having your jugular pierced by a couple incisors and slowly have your life ebbed away whilst others break apart your limbs as you're still conscious is infinitely more inhumane than being dropped immediately by a good shot.

I also eat steak, so I can't risk being too much of a hypocrite. Temple Grandin, the humane slaughterhouse designer who claims her autism allows her unique insight into how animals feel anxiety, said something to the effect that controlled slaughter of cattle, albeit inhumane to the naked eye, is far less torture to the animal than being stalked, brought down, and having its entrails slowly eaten, sometimes while still alive, in the wild. I tend to agree. Not that you need my blessing by any means, so don't take this as some act of charity. Just letting you know that not all non-hunters are crazed tree huggers.

Edited by Unitarian
  • Like 3

I'll apologize to the mods for stirring up all this trouble... I believe it is also linked to the death threats that I posted about earlier... I'm thinking it is the same bunch of loons that called wanting to kill me...

Its no trouble at all. 

• Like 2