Score him

Geno C

He is closing in on the 140 mark... hard for an 8 to get to 150 without being exceptional, but he might be on his way with those brow tines, good mass, long beams and wide spread.. if his g-3's were a bit longer he just might make 150

Circumference measurements are usually what pushes a buck like this to higher scores and he has some mass

Edited by nyantler

There are so few 8pts in any st record book that hit 140 yet alone 150. Maybe I am mistaken but I do not think he is anywhere near 150. if he had 10 brow tines{which I do not think he does} and then 10 inch G'2s{which i do not think he does} and then had 6inch G'3 lets give him 23 inch beams and a 20 inch spread you are at 95 inches. That is the most you could possibly have with this deer at this point in the measurements. Now add up your circumference measurements and even if you gave him 4.5 inches at every one }even the last one between g3 and tips which he is not even close to having that kind of mass} you have 36 inches of mass. 95 + 36 = ? Tell me where you get another 20 inches of antler?

I know this is a beautiful deer that I would love to drop in a heartbeat. The trouble is that every buck I have seen and had the fantastic opportunity to walk up upon seems to get a little smaller with every step I take.

Beautiful deer.

ground shrinkage? i understand that, just dont see it with this one but hey you never know. great buck none the less, figured id see what others opinions were on him :)

There are so few 8pts in any st record book that hit 140 yet alone 150. Maybe I am mistaken but I do not think he is anywhere near 150. if he had 10 brow tines{which I do not think he does} and then 10 inch G'2s{which i do not think he does} and then had 6inch G'3 lets give him 23 inch beams and a 20 inch spread you are at 95 inches. That is the most you could possibly have with this deer at this point in the measurements. Now add up your circumference measurements and even if you gave him 4.5 inches at every one }even the last one between g3 and tips which he is not even close to having that kind of mass} you have 36 inches of mass. 95 + 36 = ? Tell me where you get another 20 inches of antler?

good points

Mid 130 to 140 tops. Closer to the mid 130 I would say. Really hard to ground score especially with the quality of the photo. Buddy is a taxidermist and yet to see a 150 8pt. Thats not to say they are not out there but the 130 8's and up are massive to get those numbers. Very very nice 8 you got there no matter what the heck he scores. And there is only one honest way to get an actuall score and thats to put him in your freezer! Good luck this season hope you tag out on him!

I think you hit the nail on the head... beams may be a bit longer, but you pretty much nailed it.