Could this be a 150+ 8pt?

popit

Very impressive buck he's a shooter. I would say 140's.The score doesn't make any relevance in my opinion. That's a trophy whitetail for N.Y. Here'a pic of my best and I never had it scored. I would say he's mid to high 140's gross. He has a broken brow tine and is palmented. Good luck

the only way that buck could be less than 150 is if he has an unusually small body which could be hard for someone other than yourself to judge. I,ve sized blackbear by looking at where they stand in a pic then compare that to a tree which is close in the pic and have come pretty close.

But im pretty sure that being a NY buck with a NY buck body hes a 150 or better. iffen he was a Florida buck with a 90lb body then he would only be a 110 or 120inch...

Best thing to do is shoot him then take the measurements....lol!!

sits in trees. We are on the same page. A couple guys saying he is 130's. I dont see anyway if you know anything about scoring deer where you can come up with 130,s The one guy said he had small brows and would be in 130's and that people thought his 8 was 170's so I checked his pic out really nice 8 but no where near 170. I think this buck is bigger than they one he shot. Another guy wrote he had an 18 incg spread. I was like are they looking at the same pics. He does have a big body also. Not the biggest body size but he is 5.5 years old.

Very impressive buck he's a shooter. I would say 140's.The score doesn't make any relevance in my opinion. That's a trophy whitetail for N.Y. Here'a pic of my best and I never had it scored. I would say he's mid to high 140's gross. He has a broken brow tine and is palmented. Good luck

wmig2 Funny thing is I am having this discussion about score and I could care less about it also. I never have my deer scored. Great buck you shot. Just looking at your deer I would say he is 140' all day . Not many 8pts get that big. Congrats.

wmig2 Funny thing is I am having this discussion about score and I could care less about it also. I never have my deer scored. Great buck you shot. Just looking at your deer I would say he is 140' all day . Not many 8pts get that big. Congrats.

Have you shot many bucks that would measure over 110"?

If you killed a 150" buck you wouldn't get it measured for NYS BB club?

Do you live in New York State?

Have you shot many bucks that would measure over 110"?

If you killed a 150" buck you wouldn't get it measured for NYS BB club?

Do you live in New York State?

I have shot 7 bucks I have scored over 125. I am sure my scores are not exact but fairly close. No I would not get it scored. Thats just me. Not saying its right or wrong. Everybody has their reasons. I try to fly under the radar as much as possible. Seems like some guys around where i live dont want to put in all the time it takes and would prefer to just {tag along} for lack of a better term. Buddy of mine shot a big state land buck 2 years ago and did not keep his mouth shut . Now he is paying the price. This summer he ran into guys and saw trail cams where before he never saw a person in there before. Great buck by the way. Looks bigger than 143 gross to me. Edited by popit

I have pics of a velvet racked 8 point mount that had a tape put to it and it goes just over the 160 mark. Back story on it is that he was euthanized after an injury led to infection. Now here is where I need help. I have posted pics before but can't seem to find where to do it now. Can someone give me a quick crash course.

I figured it out. Was a little mentally deficient.....

I'm putting these up merely for a comparison and for a debate. This is a buck that has been measured. 26.5" main beams, 50+" in tines, 13" G2's. 10" G3's, Circum. measurements (38") are skewed due to velvet, 22" spread but he would still be a mid to upper 150's hard antlered buck.

post-893-0-43807500-1348702881_thumb.jpg

post-893-0-63647900-1348703022_thumb.jpg

post-893-0-37118400-1348703518_thumb.jpg

G-man he is 5.5 this year. Hate to disagree with you but his right side shed last year scored 63 and that is his weaker side. He is definitly bigger this year. Short Brows??

I have question,, if this deer is 5.5 years old ???How old was he in the pic dated 2007????.. He would have to been at 3.5 at that point, which would put him at 8.5 according to dates on pictures... Maybe I am missing something here,,

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader

I have question,, if this deer is 5.5 years old ???How old was he in the pic dated 2007????.. He would have to been at 3.5 at that point, which would put him at 8.5 according to dates on pictures... Maybe I am missing something here,,

My buddy arrowed a 9pt 152 3/8 (after deductions) in Westchester last year. Had official from NY BigBuck club come measure it. The 8 in the photo, with deductions, is at best in the low 140's. He's is a very nice deer for sure. The rack is just not heavy enough mass wise. My buddy's base circums were 6 inch's.