Walking in the woods with your bow...

SteveNY

Do you walk around the woods with an arrow nocked?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you walk around the woods with an arrow nocked?

• No.
    • Yes.

I think you need to clarify this. If I am still hunting or walking from stand to stand then yes. Or like the one poster said. if he often see deer when approaching a certain stand. Otherwise no. If I'm walking back to the 4 wheeler than no. I hunt using my 4 wheeler so I ride out into the area, mostly field edges, I am hunting and then several hundred yards or less sometime I walk in from there.

Edited by nybuckboy

Hard to still hunt without one nocked up and ready to let fly. If I'm just walking to my stand in the dark, of course not. If it is light out and I can see around me, and where I'm walking ... the game is on!

Not everyone sits in a tree or blind everyday. I get bored, and like to still hunt, and try to continue my scouting throughout the season.

Nope, used to in the younger begining years. That was until a buddy came back from hunting at camp with a a nasty cut and a sliced string after taking a spill with a nocked arrow. If you come upon a deer anyways and dont have the time to pull an arrow out of your quiver and nock it, well I think you probably wouldnt have the time to raise your bow and make an ethical shot to begin with. Just my opinion but why take a chance of a broahead stuck in you? Play it safe and smart is what I think.