Between Obama's constant pauses and Romney's stuttering, it was hard for me to keep focus. All I could remember was Obama dodging the questions, Romney's "binder full of women" comment, and Candy Crowley saving Obama's behind with the "he did in fact say act of terror" lie.

Seems like a pretty good decline going on right now according to the chart, but I haven't left my bubble in a while. But apparently the chart is wrong because it shows inflation low right now. Good discussion though... I feel dumber for having participated in it. What is your infatuation with Big Bird?

If you really believe that inflation is as low as the current administration is leading you to believe, then yes, you must live in a bubble.

I dont have an infatuation with big bird, your boy does, hes even using it (even after they were asked to remove it) in their mud slinging commercials.

Heres an article that explains what Im talking about

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/price_clubbed_in_jRGGyS9wKfAKjxAs0bkVnO

Between Obama's constant pauses and Romney's stuttering, it was hard for me to keep focus. All I could remember was Obama dodging the questions, Romney's "binder full of women" comment, and Candy Crowley saving Obama's behind with the "he did in fact say act of terror" lie.

What are you calling a lie here? What Candy Crowley said? Or Romney saying Obama took "days" to call it an "act of terror"?

If you really believe that inflation is as low as the current administration is leading you to believe, then yes, you must live in a bubble.

I dont have an infatuation with big bird, your boy does, hes even using it (even after they were asked to remove it) in their mud slinging commercials.

Heres an article that explains what Im talking about

http://www.nypost.co...wKfAKjxAs0bkVnO

The current administration isn't leading me to believe anything, and neither is the Romney campaign. That chart came from the link you posted and was the basis for your original rant. If you didn't believe it you shouldn't have posted the link. And using the NY Post as your source??? Really???

Romney was trying to state the fact that Obama never called the attack an act of terror during the Rose Garden speech. Candy Crowley cut Romney off and said that Obama did use the words "act of terror" but the truth was he didn't call the attack an "act of terror". When he said act of terror, he was speaking generally and not specifically to that attack. Obama words during the Rose Garden speech was "we won't let acts of terror go unpunished." By cutting in, Obama never actually responded to Romney's accusation before Crowley steer the conversation to another question. It was like Romney came at Obama with some punches and Crowley rung the bell.

• Like 1

I don't agree with that.

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

Seems clear to me he was addressing all acts of terror, but specifically referencing the deaths in Benghazi.

We could have avoid this what did say what he didn't say arguement if Obama with to secruity briefings instead of parties with Jay-Z

Hmm...that sentence sounds like you've been partying a little too.

And don't make me pull out some GWB imminent threat warnings pre-9/11! I'll do it! I swear!

Yeah.. with the liberals it always comes back to GWB... it's like a broken record... which really is what the last for years have been.. a broken record.

Yeah, how dare we liberals talk about the 8 years of terrible leadership before Obama. That's so mean of us.

Yeah, how dare we liberals talk about the 8 years of terrible leadership before Obama. That's so mean of us.

It's not about talking about it.. it's more about using it as justification for Obama's last 4 years of failed policies. So we have gone from bad to worse... that my friend is on our current President.

That's how you see it. I think we've already bottomed out and are on the way back up. I do not think Romney is the way to move forward. I see him as a step backwards.

Our opinions differ. That's what makes this country great.

In the end, I'm not sure why I put so much effort into voicing my opinions here. Obama will carry NY easily. Muhahahaha!

To paraphrase, "Vote Democrat, we're lame, but the other guys are nuts!"

The current administration isn't leading me to believe anything, and neither is the Romney campaign. That chart came from the link you posted and was the basis for your original rant. If you didn't believe it you shouldn't have posted the link. And using the NY Post as your source??? Really???

My original rant is about inflation, the article i posted is speaking of inflation. Did you read it? Im guessing not. Nice job of shooting the messenger instead of addressing facts.

One thing that people keep being led away from by the current administration and press...inflation. Obammer keeps saying inflation is low, around 3% if I remember correctly, but in reallity, its upwards of 8%. Theres this little thing alot of analysts use called the misery index. It takes into account inflation, unemployment, crime rates, etc. Guess what, the last time it was anywhere near where it is now, was the Carter administration. Guess what happened to that ding bat.

But never mind that, Romneys attacking Big Bird, look over here, look over here.

I apologize for the confusion, I don't know where I got the idea you were talking about the misery index. The current inflation rate is actually less than 3%. http://inflationdata.com/inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp

But it is tough to have an intelligent conversation when one side can't agree on the facts. However, I get you point and I agree completely. Although the inflation rate is low (FACT) the increased cost of items such as gas and food are hurting the pocketbooks of American families. But I don't automatically blame the President for every problem the country has. I'm no fan or supporter of the current President but I have a hard time blaming him for the worst drought since the 50's, which is a big part of increased food prices. Clearly the drought is Bush's fault. :biggrin:

Just to interject, the way in which the CPI is currently calculated is complete bullshit. Staple items like FOOD AND ENERGY are not included in the consumer common basket. Now I don't know about you, but I know that aside from my mortgage, feeding my family and heating my home are a pretty sizeable portion of my non-discretionary spending budget. Also, they represent an ever growing portion thereof. Notice the price of food going up, but the net weight or volume of the product purchased going down? That's an inflationary effect, I'm sure you'll agree. However, it's not calculated as part of the CPI, ergo the calculated inflation rate is artificially low.

Sorry, but you can take that "inflation is less than 3%" bullshit and put it where it belongs. Out back in the manure pile.

Edited by Felonious_Monk
  • Like 2

But you don't "talk about" it you use it as an excuse, every time someone criticizes Obama. Not always you specifically but liberals. Bush is gone, has been for 4 years.

Just to interject, the way in which the CPI is currently calculated is complete bullshit. Staple items like FOOD AND ENERGY are not included in the consumer common basket. Now I don't know about you, but I know that aside from my mortgage, feeding my family and heating my home are a pretty sizeable portion of my non-discretionary spending budget. Also, they represent an ever growing portion thereof. Notice the price of food going up, but the net weight or volume of the product purchased going down? That's an inflationary effect, I'm sure you'll agree. However, it's not calculated as part of the CPI, ergo the calculated inflation rate is artificially low.

Sorry, but you can take that "inflation is less than 3%" bullshit and put it where it belongs. Out back in the manure pile.

I do agree.

But you don't "talk about" it you use it as an excuse, every time someone criticizes Obama. Not always you specifically but liberals. Bush is gone, has been for 4 years.

It is true that some do. It is easy to look at Obama's record over the last four years and decide if that is what you would like or not for the next four years. But with Romney, the only thing people have to go on is what occurred the last time we had a Republican president. So I don't see how you can avoid talking about what happened under 8 years of a Republican if you want to have an honest debate.

I understand that Bush isn't running now and he has been gone for almost 4 years, however, we can't really look at Romney's record as governor of Mass because he was a liberal then. I don't see either of these choices making any significant changes. We are in for more of the same regardless of who wins the election.

• Like 1

But how do you assume that Romney is going to run things the same way Bush did? Obama is running things way differently than Clinton did. Blame Bush has become an automatic response for a lot of people and I just don't think thats the answer every time Obama is critisized . He's not held accountable for anything.

• Like 1