One thing that people keep being led away from by the current administration and press...inflation. Obammer keeps saying inflation is low, around 3% if I remember correctly, but in reallity, its upwards of 8%. Theres this little thing alot of analysts use called the misery index. It takes into account inflation, unemployment, crime rates, etc. Guess what, the last time it was anywhere near where it is now, was the Carter administration. Guess what happened to that ding bat.

But never mind that, Romneys attacking Big Bird, look over here, look over here.

Which Party Has a Better Misery Index Record?

With all the talk about the misery index in politics it begs the question: Which party has performed better? Simply looking at the chart it is possible for both parties to say they have done better, each party has had it’s good times and bad times. Looking at the overall numbers however, Democratic Presidents have done slightly better with an average overall misery index of 9.16% while Republicans have had an average overall misery index of 9.75%.

But if we look only at more recent history i.e. Carter through Obama we get the opposite picture. Here we see Democrats with an average of 10.64% and Republicans at 10.25%.

Also since Congress actually makes the laws, it may be more accurate to include the political make up of congress to get a more accurate indication. Or perhaps looking at the last 3 years of each presidency would be more representative of a particular president’s policies.

Actually it was higher under Bush 1 and Reagan, but don't let facts get in the way of you making your point. Carry on.

Obummers high is the highest its been since Carter.

http://inflationdata.com/articles/misery-index/

I noticed you didnt even touch my inflation comment. Yep, look over here, look over here lol. Youre a true liberal croney type.

Dont let facts get in the way....

Guess what, the last time it was anywhere near where it is now, was the Carter administration. Guess what happened to that ding bat.

I was just going by what you said which is factually inaccurate. It is currently at 9.79%. I see a few times after Carter where it was clearly over 10%. So anyone that presents facts is a liberal croney?

Edited by d-bone20917

Sorry, i misspoke. The last president that had a miserry index that BO has was Carter. Better?

My main point was inflation, which has been blatently lied about by the current administration. Go back and read my post, that was my main point.

Again, Big Bird, look over here.....

Actually no. I'm still not following how you are coming up with your misery index or inflation data. But that is ok... you seem to want to keep talking about Big Bird instead.

Simple, look it up, you even posted the chart for the misery index. Show me where it didnt have anything but a pretty steady decline during the Reagan Bush years. Maybe a slight increase during the start of the Persian Gulf war, but thats about it. Take a look at that sudden, huge spike in Obamas term. Its very telling. I can imagine if the real unemployed (not just those collecting unemployment) numbers were being reported, the current index would be higher.

Inflation is through the roof, or do you live in a bubble? Been to the grocery store, gas pump or a restaurant lately?

Nice try on Big Bird though, your hero is the one that started on that.

Seems like a pretty good decline going on right now according to the chart, but I haven't left my bubble in a while. But apparently the chart is wrong because it shows inflation low right now. Good discussion though... I feel dumber for having participated in it. What is your infatuation with Big Bird?

Let me clear it up for you Elmo. They both are going to kick you in the groin, you are picking which shoe is worn

Sad truth there. I'm 37 years old. December birthday, so I have only been voting in Presidential elections since 1996. I don't think I have ever voted for a Presidential candidate because I truly liked him. Its always been because I hated the other guy more.

The closest I came to liking a presidential candidate was when I voted for McCain in the Republican Primary in 2000. Shame he lost that, I think a lot of things in this country would have been better if we had had McCain for 8 years instead of GWB. I'd probably still be a Republican. ;)