we havent seen a tax break in atleast a decade as well they go up every year!!!.....infact, oneida county is adding a 2.95% increase on property tax and proposing a 3% increase in SALES TAX. as if 8.75% isnt high enough!!!!!

These are also state taxes, not federal. They have nothing to do with who is president.

As for gas prices, that is a global issue. Blame the BRIC for wanting to industrialize. One bright spot is that Iraq plans to double its oil output over the next 7 years so that should impact the global price a little.

Edit: BRIC = Brazil,Russia,India and China

Edited by Sogaard

Nobody's interested in the fact that the price of gasoline is determined by a global market and that the US president has very little influence over it. It's just easier to blame whoever is in charge when things get tough.

Not sure what state you are living in, maybe the state of denile, but my taxes have gone up every yr for the last 10 yrs since I bought my house.

Assuming your house is in New York and not the state of 'denile'(denial), those taxes you're referring to are state taxes, not federal taxes like income or payroll taxes.

my parents paid the most income taxes this past year than they ever have before.

my parents paid the most income taxes this past year than they ever have before.

If you're talking about percentages, I highly doubt that.

http://taxfoundation...justed-brackets

If you're talking about pure dollar amount, then I congratulate them on making more income than they have previously.

Edited by Sogaard

If we drilled more of our own oil, opened more refineries, opened the keystone pipeline....wouldn't prices come down? I know it wouldn't happen overnight but it seems the price

would eventually drop, while creating jobs.

Facts:

During President Obama’s administration, crude oil production has risen to levels not seen since May 2002.

We also have more oil rigs running right now than ever before.

Gas is still going up, because its global. Even if its pumped out here, Exxon or whoever still sells it to the highest bidder.

EDIT:

My numbers may be a little dated. I was looking at data from Dec 2011. Data from the first half of this year is probably available somewhere, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Edited by Sogaard

If we drilled more of our own oil, opened more refineries, opened the keystone pipeline....wouldn't prices come down? I know it wouldn't happen overnight but it seems the price

would eventually drop, while creating jobs.

Maybe. But, who would we accuse of wasteful spending, who would foot the bill for environmental damage cleanups, etc. etc. while working toward eventually bringing prices down?

Environmental and Bureaucratic red tape. It would take so long and be so expensive to get through the process of building one, that it would take a huge chunk of the profitability out of it. Its cheaper for the oil companies to send the raw crude overseas to have it refined.

That explains why no new ones have opened. But, I'm curious why the ones that were opened already decided to close.

In the past the cost of paying for environmental damage and clean ups has fallen on the shoulders of the oil companies them self.

I think that enviromental issues have been placed way to far ahead of self reliance. IMHO

But remember that the individual mandate is meant to get younger healthier people in the insurance pool to spread the risk which allows those with preexisting conditions to be covered. Romney said he is going to repeal Obamacare, but keep the requirement to cover people with preexisting conditions (and almost everything else currently in it). So how will that work without adding healthy people to the insurance pool to spread the risk? Will the government have to pick up that tab instead of requiring individuals to purchase insurance themselves? He obviously knew that wouldn’t work in Massachusetts.

I can’t support Obama, but as of right now I can’t support Romney either unless he quits talking to us like we are idiots. I’ll give you the details after I’m elected doesn’t work for me.

What is the penalty for noncompliance?

The penalty is the greater of:

• For 2014, $95 per uninsured person or 1 percent of household income over the filing threshold,
  • For 2015, $325 per uninsured person or 2 percent of household income over the filing threshold, and
  • For 2016 and beyond, $695 per uninsured person or 2.5 percent of household income over the filing threshold.

There is a family cap on the flat dollar amount (but not the percentage of income test) of 300 percent, and the overall penalty is capped at the national average premium of a bronze level plan purchases through an exchange. For individuals under 18 years old, the applicable per person penalty is one-half of the amounts listed above.

Beginning in 2017, the penalties will be increased by the cost-of-living adjustment.

What I find hilarious is that much of Obamacare was modeled after the MA healthcare plan that was signed into law by Romney. And now Romney is badmouthing it and claiming that he will repeal Obamacare once he's in office? Yeah right!! Romney saying this alone shows what type of flip-flopping hypocrite he really is. I will guarantee anyone that if he is elected he will never even begin to repeal any of it. I can just hear him now. If elected he will be claiming that it was HE who was first in the nation to implement such a great plan! LOL He will then be claiming all the credit for coming up with the idea. LOL The guy is a real tool, I've got to say.

• Like 1

Forget about Obama and Romney for a minute. Take the highest fine of $695. If a young single person decides not to get insurance he/she pays a fine of $695. I will gaurentee that a health insurance policy for that person is way more than $695 so why not just pay the fine and if you get sick, the government pays?? What am I missing? Seriously, no arguments.

The problem with domestic oil is not that we cant produce, its that we cant refine. Hasnt been a new refinery to open in the US since the 70s, and many have shut down since then.

Additionally, we export the majority of our domestic oil. Also, the folks doing the exporting are foreign companies, so we (American companies) don't even see that much of the profit. Drilling more here in the states will not help gas prices.

It does make sense that drilling more here in the US would mean we have more petroleum products and hence lower prices, but sadly it's a lot more complicated than that. It comes down to the highest bidder, in most cases.

• Like 1