Letchworth Open For Business!

TheTruth2

Been going there for 13 years now.....I have had more success at the mt morris end of the park.......

Will be in cabins from oct 28 thru nov 5.....c cabins....and u?

Interested to see if hunters are seeing the deer numbers improve due to mild winter?

We have seen bears 2 years in a row now....wonder if they will ever make shooting a bear in the park legal?

• Like 1

ill be in the C cabins the same week brother. Ive seen bears a few times in there, always have good bucks on trail cams just rarely see them. the buck in my avatar pic we got on cam on the west side near the perry entrance. have you taken any good ones out of there? my personal best is a 121 eight point (east side)

We have seen them....my buddy took a couple 8 pointers over the years that were real close to 120.....met a guy in mount morris....showed us at his house ...172" stud that came from the park .....and park police showed us pics of a 17 point slob (over 180" easily" that lived on safety zone but would venture over into castile farm fiields and woods at night...but poachers got him last year...hope to meet up and share stories...

Wow ....that avatar is a big deer......I can only dream of a deer that big...

We are in A cabins....I was wrong.....

How many guys in your cabin?

There are just 3 of us? Where you from? I live in sackets harbor.....buddies from ogdensburg

When I figure out how to post a pic ....I will show you that 200 inch deer from castile....

GETTING PUMPED....coming up soon

I was doing a little scouting the last 2 weekends ( I live nearby) and saw good sign, rubs. Oaks are raining acorns. I've yet to see a giant there, but I've only been hunting it the last 3 years. A few 110 ish bucks have showed up on the trail cams, but hard to see them broadside at 20 paces during bow.

Yep i am form monroe county lol. i was in on the east side this morning and saw a giant 130 inch eight point never came into range. two mintes later about a 100 inch eight point followed him on the same trail. We have four guys that stay in the cabins usually. there were hardley any hunters in there this morning i was kind of shocked. i also had a four point come right under my tree with giant forks he will be a huge six next year. They laid some gravel down on that off road on dygert so its much easier to get down there now which where i do my majority of bowhunting. check out a thread i posted a few months ago called "huge public land bucks" or something like that. theres an accumulation of trail cams pics form the park over two years!

Lots of acorns.....oh boy

Last year I shot a beautiful 4 1/2 year old oak tree in the park......

Hopefully this year the buck fever doesn't eat me up and I harvest that 10 pointer

Lol.. I have a "trophy" dead stick i shot a few years back , from Letchworth. It happened to be hiding in a little tall grass between me and a nice 8 point. We arrive Nov 8th this year in C cabins.

Since we are talking Letchworth....

I always try to pattern the deer and to my best ......I would say these deer are feed at farm fields on top at night and bedding down in gorge all day....which puts travel at dusk and dawn.....

Are they really travelling that far every night?

Or do gorge deer stay down below?

I usually get my best opportunities mid day. I say till ten yesterday and saw nothing but a huge porcupine. I walked out and came back in at one. Spooked two doe and a shooter buck bedded right under my stand. Sat the rest of the night and saw a lone four point. I'm starting to see more scrapes in there. And I live in the town homes behind hooligans lol