2009 to 2012 Ram 1500s

WNYBuckHunter

Do any of you guys have any expereince with the current generation Ram 1500s? I am looking at a 2010 with the Hemi and just wanted to know if theres anything I should be looking out for in particular.

I own a 2010 1500 with a hemi. Love it.

Do any of you guys have any expereince with the current generation Ram 1500s? I am looking at a 2010 with the Hemi and just wanted to know if theres anything I should be looking out for in particular.

I bought a 2012 last year with 29 miles on it. I pulled trailers to Pa, Ohio, Michigan and Iowa... Awesome power in that hemi.

I drove this one for quite a few miles on the test drive. Computer said it averaged 18.5mpg on hilly back roads. No worse of mileage than my car gets. You can get one of the power programmers and detune them for everyday driving to get even better mileage. I dont need 390hp all the time lol.

I got a 2012 in July... Driving back and forth to work and here and there, the gas mileage is very good (generally about 18.5), but most of my driving is country road and highway.. It is still better than the Silverado I replaced.

Towing is a differnt story.. My wife uses it to tow a horse trailer and the mileage drops significantly when towing. that said, the power is fantastic. She went to Albany last weekend and commented about how well it handled the hills east of Syarcuse on 90.

If gas mileage is a concern, then I would look at the f-150 witht he Eco-Boost engine.. I have heard great things.

I will tell you that the ride and the interior in the dodge are second to none (IMO)..

Nice truck...get rid of that chrome on the wheels and window trim...blah!

The deer will see you coming a mile away, lol.

I just bought a 2010 Escape Hybrid for the old lady at Simmons Rockwell on Saturday. WIth the troubles my Dakota has given me lately, I was looking long and hard at their longggg line of 150s...and plenty of them were 30k or less brand new. They had a 2011 crew cab with low miles for 26k. I was kicking and screaming all the way to the lot where the hybrid was.

But, I will say, I do like the hybrid after being in it for the day.

Edited by phade

sweet looking truck man.. got a 99 ram 1500 that has defiantly seen better days... shes in no condition to be going on trails on back country roads.. looking to get a dakota or something a little smaller then the 1500 4x4 is a must though so the ranger is out lol

Love my dakota, but I've had enough issues with it to never buy one again.

Too many suspension issues overall, and then the PCM crapped out on me. Engine-wise it has been good, same with transmission and 4x4....but the suspension components wear out FAST.

Drove mine off the lot and it's paid off...

Thanks guys.

LOL phade, the only chrome coming off might be the fender trim. I like the rest. Ive always had good luck with my Mopars, this one is number 8. I couldnt go with another SUV, we already have the 03 Durango, which we love. Needed a full size.

doe, I plan on getting that bed liner all kinds of bloody this year!