Hanging Deer by the neck

sssurfertim

Everyone has they’re own way to do many things, either because they find it easy for them one way or they were taught to do it one way. Either way doesn’t make it wrong or disrespectful.

I don’t see where anyone was making a joke about this A sportsman

Once you have killed it, it's MEAT...Hang it anyway you want to..

RESPECT is involved before the deer dies.. It involves trying to make a clean kill and then making a responsible effort to recover the animal after the shot.

The only way to disrespect a dead animal would be to wantonly waste the meat.

• Like 6

I can understand someone being a little put off by hanging a deer by the neck. The first thing I would think is a noose but I'd also know that's my imagination running wild. I personally think its easier to process by the legs and i've never seen a professional butcher hang one by the neck. I wouldn't put any worry about what someone else thinks either though.

Once you have killed it, it's MEAT...Hang it anyway you want to..

RESPECT is involved before the deer dies.. It involves trying to make a clean kill and then making a responsible effort to recover the animal after the shot.

The only way to disrespect a dead animal would be to wantonly waste the meat.

Right on the Money !!!

So what do the experts say? Anybody ever notice how carcasses are hung in a slaughterhouse? I've never been in one, but maybe someone here has. It would be interesting to see if they have any reasoning behind whatever way they choose. I have always hung them by their hind legs, but if you were to ask me why, I really have no reason for it other than that is the way I was shown and that's just the way I have always continued doing it.

In a slaughter house you knock the cow out with a airgun and then hang them upside down move them over to the bleeder pit and slit their neck so the still beating heart pumps the blood out then they move down the line and everyone starts whacking off parts. I hang my deer by the neck because by the time I'm hang them the hearts either in a ziplock bag or still in the woods depending on if its savagable.

Back the topic of the thread. COngratulations. You did nothing wrong or unethical

In a slaughter house you knock the cow out with a airgun and then hang them upside down move them over to the bleeder pit and slit their neck so the still beating heart pumps the blood out then they move down the line and everyone starts whacking off parts. I hang my deer by the neck because by the time I'm hang them the hearts either in a ziplock bag or still in the woods depending on if its savagable.

Back the topic of the thread. COngratulations. You did nothing wrong or unethical

Yeah, they have a method to their madness. We don't have that requirement because as you pointed out, by the time we get to the deer, the heart is past functioning. So either way is optional unless you have a "convenience" reason for choosing one over the other. That's pretty much what most of the relies were saying.