Where White man Went Wrong with this Country

I reckon that's the reason we voted a black man in for president last time around. In hopes that another white man wouldn't screw things up some more! LOL

Just what I would expect from a guy with big, black knobby, parasite infected feet....

<<Private joke between me and Steve863>>

Have you ever tried to theorize just what this continent would really be like if Europeans had simply stayed home .... lol. I mean the common picture of all these native people living in perfect harmony with nature and each other is mostly mythology ..... right? They really had quite a warrior society which had the same kinds of squabbles, battles and conquests that any other race of people have. From what I've read, the notion of indians skipping merrily through the woods waving and tipping their head-dress to neighboring tribesmen is really a fair-sized misrepresentation, isn't it? I also would assume that given enough time, the population levels would have them at total odds with ecology and their habitat. How much game would it really take to support a burgeoning Indian population that lived entirely on what nature was able to supply? How long would the critters and edible wild plants of the woods really last? Interesting thing to contemplate.

I have a better thing to contemplate. Imagine if the native population hadn't been ravaged by disease (estimates are anywhere from 70-85% population decrease) during the decade or so leading up to the start of European colonization.

The Europeans would have had a much harder time "settling" if the bulk of the land was occupied instead of looking like abandoned farm land.

The natives(iroquois; or as they knew themselves, the haudenosaunee) rotated their crops every 10 years, but ancient forests still stood. No farmlands. Their fields were a couple acres, at most.

Ultimately, siding with the british was the onset of their demise! Neither the redcoats nor the king could protect em'.

and I'm proud to say that my great - - - - - grandfather dropped his fair share of redcoats in the first battle of The Revolution in NYS.

Edited by PREDATE

Not sure how that would be considered trolling, since its historically documented material (just not the stuff you learn when you're young).

Anyway, no luck this season so far. I've only been out in the field two days though (one which I documented). This is the busiest time of the year for me, work-wise, but hopefully things will slow down a bit after the election and I'll have a decent regular/MZ season. :)

Or you can read the humorous version from Cracked.com.

http://www.cracked.c...ng-america.html

"There's a pretty important detail our movies and textbooks left out of the handoff from Native Americans to white European settlers: It begins in the immediate aftermath of a full-blown apocalypse. In the decades between Columbus' discovery of America and the Mayflower landing at Plymouth Rock, the most devastating plague in human history raced up the East Coast of America. Just two years before the pilgrims started the tape recorder on New England's written history, the plague wiped out about 96 percent of the Indians in Massachusetts.

In the years before the plague turned America into The Stand, a sailor named Giovanni da Verrazzano sailed up the East Coast and described it as "densely populated" and so "smoky with Indian bonfires" that you could smell them burning hundreds of miles out at sea. Using your history books to understand what America was like in the 100 years after Columbus landed there is like trying to understand what modern day Manhattan is like based on the post-apocalyptic scenes from I Am Legend.

Historians estimate that before the plague, America's population was anywhere between 20 and 100 million (Europe's at the time was 70 million). The plague would eventually sweep West, killing at least 90 percent of the native population. For comparison's sake, the Black Plague killed off between 30 and 60 percent of Europe's population.

While this all might seem like some heavy s*** to lay on a bunch of second graders, your high school and college history books weren't exactly in a hurry to tell you the full story. Which is strange, because many historians believe it is the single most important event in American history. But it's just more fun to believe that your ancestors won the land by being the superior culture.

European settlers had a hard enough time defeating the Mad Max-style stragglers of the once huge Native American population, even with superior technology. You have to assume that the Native Americans at full strength would have made s*** powerfully real for any pale faces trying to settle the country they had already settled. Of course, we don't really need to assume anything about how real the American Indians kept it, thanks to the many people who came before the pilgrims. For instance, if you liked playing cowboys and Indians as a kid, you should know that you could have been playing vikings and Indians, because that s*** actually happened. But before we get to how they kicked Viking a**, you probably need to know that ..."

Edit: Seems they like to cuss a bit over there

;)

Edited by Sogaard