Albino buck picture from out of state.

I would drop that in a heartbeat as well....but has anyone heard the old tale that it is bad luck?? What do you think about that? Had a nice pieball a few years back that I was leary about shooting because I heard it was bad luck....lucky for me it came in before legal shooting time and was out of range when "sunrise" hit.....a few minutes later and I would have really been torn!!

I would drop that in a heartbeat as well....but has anyone heard the old tale that it is bad luck??

It's only bad luck if you walk under your ladder stand first...or if you see a black cat....or if you break a mirror before the hunt!

Cool buck and pic!

Anyone know about where it was taken? We do have white deer in NY that are NOT Albino. I would hav to lower the boom on one if I had the chance too.

If any of you are aout around the old Seneca Army Depot you can see white deer there. Best time of year is early spring right after the snow goes and before the leaves come out. They are cool to see.

Saw a white doe last year during the rut. She came from a long way away, running around, and I, at first, thought it was a horse. Then, when she got close, she had a little brown on her back, only just a little, not a pure albino. She was being chased around by every buck in the area like she was the queen of the crop. I hunt close to a lot of houses and the people there are probably feeding deer and everything. They had to have seen her and all claim her as a pet. A couple of bucks were fighting it out about 50 yards away and all the does were standing around watching em. She walked right up to my tent. I dropped down, watched her image through the tent wall, and if she peeked in, I was gonna give her an uppercut. She just kept on going and walked off with the rest of the does.

I've hunted for 45 years, never shot a doe cause at our gun club they don't allow it. Therefore, I never had the urge when I took up bow hunting 8 years ago.

Scout: "Atikus, it would be sort of like killing a mockingbird, woodn't it ?"

Best thing is I got to see her. Hopefully, she's got some fawns, and we'll see if she's still around.

Anyone know about where it was taken? We do have white deer in NY that are NOT Albino. I would hav to lower the boom on one if I had the chance too.

If any of you are aout around the old Seneca Army Depot you can see white deer there. Best time of year is early spring right after the snow goes and before the leaves come out. They are cool to see.

276704_168740905854_1377209036_q.jpg

DLC Covert Scouting Cameras Albino bucks are not as rare as you would think. Photo is from WI where in most of the state they are illegal to shoot.

This company posted the picture originally on it's website.picture is from Wisconsin.

We do have a fairly large herd of white deer mixed in with a normal pigmented bunch of deer over at the old Seneca Army Depot. They are not albinos, but simply deer where the recessive white pigmentation genetics took over. I would guess that piebald deer are some other version of that. Interesting to look at. They look kind of like a domestic goat .... lol.