Western new York guys....

deerpassion

So what have u been seein as far as ruttin activity? Personally seeing multiple scrapes n rubs poppin up everywhere in 8g , but last night only saw two doe's with no bucks in tow... Any day now I'm guessing things r gonna get interesting... This week should be good with cold temps n heyyyy SUN poppin out Sunday!!!

Well here in 8H it's just about go time. Been seeing some nice bucks that have been shot or are on trail cams for the first time this season. Also been seeing some pretty good bucks cruisin' mid-day. On stand though has been alittle different. You can almost feel it ready to pop and i think the cool temps and sun will help. Time to strap in. Vaca starts Sunday for me.. Good luck to you fellow Section 8 guys.

• Like 1

I've been seeing some unbelievable rubs in clusters and scrapes poppin up all over the place, seems like a new one every time I go out, but havnt seen any bucks since mid October when I couldn't get a shot at my number 2 buck at 20 yds cause of some twigs on the backside a my tree... Got busted by a doe with no buck on tow this morning , but sign is as fresh as it gets n with cool temps and the return of the sun , I'm hopin tomorrow afternoon is gonna be the ticket... Had some rain and snow off and on for about n hour this morning...

ive been in 7p to escape hurricane ravaged long island. have been up since thursday night. made morning and afternoon sits since and have been completely skunked. didnt even see a doe. had about 15 different deer (7 diff bucks) on my trail cam since july 30 taking over 1000 pics over my food plot. NADA. great weather. no wind. nothing. dont know what is going on. however i took a ride with my kids and saw 4 doe in a field and nice 6 pt making a scrape on field edge at 9 am

if only i could be so lucky, if i could hunt for three weeks straight I WOULD! however gradschool does not allow it.. been gettin out more than i thought i would be able to though so i can't complain... just wish i didn't have a big week coming up for exams so the peak or whatever rutting activity is near me i probly won't see much of... hopefully tomorrow afternoon will give me good fortune!! good luck

It can only get better, I started my 3 weeks vacation today.

8F started to pick up 2 weekends ago with great sign and frustrated bucks, not a lot of doe in heat. i took a 150lb 5 point chasing 3 doe only to have a nice big 9 walk out seconds later. That's what i get i guess, my first son is 2 months old and i knew i couldn't be picky this year. this past week the weather has been bad but a lot of people i know have seen a nice pickup in activity on sunday.

Love those that come here and talk the talk but dont walk. I know being busy too, but some people have a problem with eating tags. Gotta get my buck...gotta get my buck.

And im all for those who want to shoot any deer. I just dont care for both sides of the mouth talking.

• Like 3

i dont understand your point. if you're refering to the bb thread. a 1.5 year old 150lb. 5 point is not the same thing. if you want to talk about ethics i passed on the 9 point that came out 15 seconds later. had him at 6 yards broadside. Most hunters would have taken him too. I could easily have got a tag for him as well. Any archery kill is a good kill. Just leave the BBs alone is all I ask.

the deer i shot

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

the deer i passed on

missed2.jpg

missed1.jpg

• Like 1

I passed on a fork horn this morning at 15 yds, there was no big 9 behind it. He looked up at me then jumped , like I surprised him . Then just turned and walked away. I did see a doe run but didn't see what pushed it. walked out at 10:30 only to find 2 doe bedded behind my shed.

Belo, you even specifically mentioned QDM in the bb thread...so the bb can grow into 6 and 8 to improve genetics.

See where im coming from?

Im glad you are happy with you kill. Just dont preach that people cant kill bb. 1.5 are just as dumb mentally.

Belo, you even specifically mentioned QDM in the bb thread...so the bb can grow into 6 and 8 to improve genetics.

See where im coming from?

Im glad you are happy with you kill. Just dont preach that people cant kill bb. 1.5 are just as dumb mentally.

i was a browtine away my friend. And no, a 1.5 is not just as dumb. Converting to human years, that's like saying an 11 year old is just as dumb as a 4 year old.

Edited by Belo

The thread was created for activity in WNY....not one guy pissing on another.

Lets keep it to what we are seeing in our area, this is how a good thread gets killed.

In southern Erie county deer activity has deff. picked up.

Big guys are starting to show their face during daylight and scrapes have opened right up.

My buddy had two seperate 6 pts. rubbig away on small trees the other day in the afternoon.

with a 2 month old and a very tired wife, sometimes you have to let your standards slide. 150 lb. fullly dressed deer and decent tines. not a baby.

Been there done that...Just keep getting some time in the woods.I have a couple of friends that stopped completely when the kids came. I now have a choice of what to hunt and when. But I wouldn't give my kid time back for anything! Enjoy as time flys when you have kids.

speaking of wyoming county(9h) i was just there saturday and im pretty sure it was the seeking phase. I had a shot at a doe, but she took off along with a buck. Then around 10:00am 2 big bucks i think, came running with their heads down following a doe trail. So yeah i think the rut has started for my area!