What do you keep in a daypack for the woods????

CVAC085

Knife(for field dressing) utility knife (for everything else) small pruner, small saw, line to pull up bow/gun, zip ties, monocular, hand warmers, snack, water bottle, flash light and extra batteries, extra release/ammo depending on the season. Thats about it...OH!! and paper towels. great for cleaning off after a gut job and for T.P. in a pinch.

That 2nd knife is something to see!!! And I see where you can replace the blades too whihc is awesome. Might look into that one in the next few weeks once I get paid...

The best part is that the Gerber is only $15 at Gander Mountain. It is funny that this came up. Yesterday i got home from work to a call from a buddy, "Buck Down- come help!" I brought my knives with me and he had never seen the E-Z-Zip. I opened up the deer for him with it and he was so impressed. After we got it our of the woods and hung up, he ran right down to Gander to buy the Gerber. Said he had never seen a deer field dressed so quickly and easily before.

The best part is that the Gerber is only $15 at Gander Mountain. It is funny that this came up. Yesterday i got home from work to a call from a buddy, "Buck Down- come help!" I brought my knives with me and he had never seen the E-Z-Zip. I opened up the deer for him with it and he was so impressed. After we got it our of the woods and hung up, he ran right down to Gander to buy the Gerber. Said he had never seen a deer field dressed so quickly and easily before.

FatArrow. I love my Gerber set. Has a gut hook and saw as well as the standard 4 inch. Did 7 with it since I bought it and can bring the edge back real easy. Love the Gerber steel.

All that's been mentioned is all well and good, but eating healthy in the stand is the least of my worries. My essentials besides all the above is a well stocked knapsack of candies, usually reeses and hershey bars, cough drops, and thermos of chicken broth, two sticks of hormel pepperoni and potato rolls, a couple of nesquick choco milks, red cow cheeses, and some hostess cupcakes or yodels. Christ, I can open up a diner in the woods!!! Make sure you got a pee bag or container with ya too. It's a long day out there.

well I can see you did not take my class

bring extra socks gloves water lighter energy bars sawing kit compass knife [leather man is best] flashlight glow sticks whistle [plastic blow 3 times if lost] extra bullets two way radio[make shore every one is on the same frequency]

this should get you thought your first hunting trip

papabear

well I can see you did not take my class

bring extra socks gloves water lighter energy bars sawing kit compass knife [leather man is best] flashlight glow sticks whistle [plastic blow 3 times if lost] extra bullets two way radio[make shore every one is on the same frequency]

this should get you thought your first hunting trip

papabear

GPS, Navigation, Satelight radio, Generator, 40' lcd tv, heater, case of beer, poker table and 4 wheeler to carry everything B)

• Like 1

Ok, here we are on the day before opening day in the southern zone. It's time to go back and re-read all these posts and make sure you aren't leaving something out of your pack that would be useful. There's an awful lot of good info here.

If it won't fit into a pocket i don't take it.I don't do the fanny pack.I pack my lunch in my side cargo pockets in my old army wool pants.Everything else has a special pocket.

I am hunting private land.

Most important is charged cell phone to call the owner for the tractor lift for my deer.Hopefully.LOL

Edited by arrow nocker